Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

shaggai
Volunteer Data File Author

Old January 8th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Have an interesting item in the 40K files. If you use the Imperial Guard 5E codex, and select the Scout Sentinel Squadron. When added to the roster, add in the maximum number of models to the squad (2 additional), you will notice that one of them will have an option called camo-net added to it. Nominally the camo-net is added to the entire squad - not as a selection per model. Note also that if you do select camo-netting on the top-level - all three will have camo-netting, if you remove the camo-netting, none will have it.

Could possibly be a side-effect or a different (but similar) circumstance that corrected a previous bug concerning Dire Avengers?

Note that this is a 3.2b item - circumstance does not occur in 3.2a...
shaggai is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 10th, 2010, 03:37 AM
We'll look into this next week. Stay tuned for more info....
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 12th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Thanks for this report - this was a tricky bug that took a few hours to figure out. We'll release a v3.2c that fixes this at some point soon.
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
shaggai

Old January 13th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Thanks for this report - this was a tricky bug that took a few hours to figure out. We'll release a v3.2c that fixes this at some point soon.
Many thanks on the info, sorry we didn't find it sooner, but it seemed to come out of nowhere. Did we do something "interesting" or did one of the fixes we asked for screw up something else?
shaggai is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 14th, 2010, 09:49 AM
It was actually the result of another bug fix (not the Eldar Exarch bug, if that's the one you're thinking of). Briefly, there was a problem with how the functions were being called in our C++ code, that I fixed in v3.2. Unfortunately this exposed another bug, because I had to change the order they were called in, so I fixed that - which exposed this totally different bug. Each bug was more subtle than the last, so none of it was noticeable except under extremely specific circumstances that I didn't run into in the testing that I did.
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Maine

Old January 17th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Just updated to 3.2b today, and in addition to the Sentinel problem (which also happens with just a single sentinel added), I found a Patrol Clash issue.

Choosing Patrol Clash no longer filters properly - everything is available and I can take normally invalid choices. Additionally, the roster composition is HQ 1+ and Troops 2+, instead of HQ <= 1, Troops 1+.
Maine is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
shaggai

Old January 17th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine View Post
Just updated to 3.2b today, and in addition to the Sentinel problem (which also happens with just a single sentinel added), I found a Patrol Clash issue.

Choosing Patrol Clash no longer filters properly - everything is available and I can take normally invalid choices. Additionally, the roster composition is HQ 1+ and Troops 2+, instead of HQ <= 1, Troops 1+.
NOTE: Patrol clash has been changed from what used to be in the 4E rulebook. New rules can be found on the GW website under School League. Please check out the following in regards to the AB3 and indeed, if there is an error, let us know: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/co...ty&aId=4300008
shaggai is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Maine

Old January 24th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Seems like it would have been better to introduce a new category, and leave the old Patrol Clash intact - I know Combat Patrol/Patrol Clash/40K in 40 minutes is still quite popular in some areas. School League is pretty different in design and purpose from the old Combat Patrol.

I reported it here because I could have sworn it worked as previous under 3.2a, and seemed to change with 3.2b. Could just be that I hadn't checked my Combat Patrol list between updating the datafiles and AB itself.
Maine is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Homer S

Old January 25th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Hey... thanks for confirming these bugs are not because of my coding! At least I know now that they are just "subtle features"! I haven't patched to b yet, I'll wait for c.

Homer
Homer S is offline   #9 Reply With Quote