Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Pollution

Old November 16th, 2015, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
One thing that RW simply doesn't seem set up for is things like credits and the OGL or any sort of legalese which of course is necessary for commercial products.

Another is cover artwork. I'm pretty sure that the producers expect the first thing people see of their product is their art not the Realm home page.

OGL is easy. Make a topic under sources. Reveal it first thing. Put the OGL there.

Solved.
Attached Images
File Type: png ogl.PNG (204.2 KB, 24 views)
Pollution is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old November 16th, 2015, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
OGL is easy. Make a topic under sources. Reveal it first thing. Put the OGL there.
If you expect that users will merge your product realm with others, this is likely a bad idea. You are required to change the text of the OGL included with your product to include your product's copyright notices as well as the copyright notices for any other OGL products used by yours. You'd want to make sure a user can tell which copy of the OGL applies to what content.

Parody is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2015, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
If you expect that users will merge your product realm with others, this is likely a bad idea. You are required to change the text of the OGL included with your product to include your product's copyright notices as well as the copyright notices for any other OGL products used by yours. You'd want to make sure a user can tell which copy of the OGL applies to what content.
This is one of the reasons that the handling of credits and legal text will be structured and formalized - and not potentially handled differently across content created by different people.
rob is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 16th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Another issue in dealing with a 3rd party publisher, in order to show him the work I've done everything needs to be revealed, which means no GM snippets. Also when the time comes to publish it would be helpful to be able to globally hide everything again.
kbs666 is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2015, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Another issue in dealing with a 3rd party publisher, in order to show him the work I've done everything needs to be revealed, which means no GM snippets. Also when the time comes to publish it would be helpful to be able to globally hide everything again.
I recommend you use something like Skype or Join.Me (both free) to share the Realm Works window (or your entire screen) with the person reviewing your work. We do that extensively in-house when reviewing the work of other team members within Realm Works, and it works quite well. There is no need to reveal anything and then remember to un-reveal it later. In addition, it's valuable to see what material is and isn't revealed, as well as what is and isn't GM info, during the review process.
rob is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 16th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
I recommend you use something like Skype or Join.Me (both free) to share the Realm Works window (or your entire screen) with the person reviewing your work. We do that extensively in-house when reviewing the work of other team members within Realm Works, and it works quite well. There is no need to reveal anything and then remember to un-reveal it later. In addition, it's valuable to see what material is and isn't revealed, as well as what is and isn't GM info, during the review process.
That requires compatible schedules. That isn't always possible.
kbs666 is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2015, 06:14 PM
Let me reiterate again what Rob said earlier. If you have questions about working with third party publishers, please contact me and CC the publisher. I may not reply that day, but I will respond. The forums are not an ideal place to discuss these type of logistics.
liz is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
flamepulse

Old November 17th, 2015, 03:27 PM
will this actually be out this year? or is the release date for the marketplace undetermined? One thing that you guys have been horrible with is timetables.
flamepulse is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 17th, 2015, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamepulse View Post
will this actually be out this year? or is the release date for the marketplace undetermined? One thing that you guys have been horrible with is timetables.
We haven't announced a release date for the Content Market. One of the reasons we haven't announced a release date (or even an estimate), is due to feedback from our users. When we announce our release plans, we want to make sure that we'll be confident that we can hit them.
liz is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old November 18th, 2015, 07:26 AM
To back up what Liz says, consider the following (pretty much what happened):

RW release was pushed back almost countless times. Every time LWD thought it was almost ready, a cluster of "gotcha" bugs reared their ugly heads, and (having been wonderful about keeping us all updated about their release plans) the release had to be pushed back. This happened over, and over, and over again. Eventually we all basically said "stop over-promising, it's starting to get frustrating" (we weren't quite that blunt for the most part). So, quite correctly, LWD have implemented a policy of only announcing releases when they're actually ready (rather than "just a couple of things to finish").

At a rough guess, LWD were probably anticipating the content market going live sometime in September/October. And then lots of horrible things happened. Just imagine how almightily p'd off we'd all be if they'd told us that, and here we are in November without it. The cries of "but you said..." would be almost deafening.

The current policy of "silence until ready" can be difficult (especially with maintaining excitement for new features), but the backlash from it is nothing compared to failed expectations, and frankly LWD are busy enough that they don't need to waste their time fielding queries from us when they could (and should) be working on the next release.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #30 Reply With Quote