Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

zarlor

Old May 23rd, 2014, 06:27 AM
I know that there have been some strong feelings thrown your way prior to release, mostly due to slipping release dates. And I know you guys probably felt more than a little burned by that. To follow up post-release with an in-depth announcement and analysis like this, however, is exactly the reason I'll keep coming back to Realm Works. I love this kind of transparency and despise that there are folks out there that just don't have the patience to recognize that some things just take time and other things, like you've outlined here, greatly impact project plans.

Personally I think you guys should know that IMHO the vast majority of us are folks that fully understand and even appreciate this kind of openness. Delays are going to happen, but this kind of openness with your customers will keep us coming back for more, I think. Keep up the great work!

P.S. Go pay CapedCrusader to be a full time Savage Worlds dev in Hero Lab, while you're at it.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Erdrix

Old May 23rd, 2014, 08:01 AM
I'm pretty damn happy with the program as it is now. I only have a few niggles, like saving certain settings between tabs that are only minor quality of life issues. So, do what you guys need to do and don't worry, you've got a solid product anything you do is just going to make it better.
Erdrix is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
TheScrivener

Old May 23rd, 2014, 03:02 PM
I don't know if I'm more impressed by the thorough and forthcoming update or the reasoned and understanding response from the users - you keep doing what you're doing, folks.
I'm disappointed in the delay of web-based functionality that I was planning on using for a Roll20 game, but workarounds are in place and I'm mostly thrilled just to be able to brainstorm and record my thoughts so easily.
TheScrivener is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 25th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Sorry to hear about a developer leaving and the resulting bumps in the road. I should get my resume up to speed, even though I'm not really in a position to leave my current job anyhow. Just in case, you know.

In any case, you have a great product right now. Even at its current state its better than anything else out there. Kudos for that. But I would like to make the point you have done everything right so far. You haven't pushed the product out the door just to have the product out the door. You've taken your time and you've done it right, something that is lacking in the industry. Take you time. Do it right. Stick to those principals and you'll be on track regardless of the release timeline. We'll still be waiting loyally.
Kendall-DM is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
kate

Old May 27th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
We should have a much better handle on web-based player access in early July. Ideally (i.e. probably just my dreams), we'll have something limited starting to come online this summer that we'll continue evolving from there. But we'll have a much better sense of that possibility in 6-ish weeks.
Thanks, that's helpful, and I won't expect your dreams to come true, though I hope they do!

Two more questions on Player Edition that I can't find answered:

1) Will we be able to buy it as a gift for our players?

2) Will there be an option to upgrade Player Edition to the full version?
kate is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
flamepulse

Old June 6th, 2014, 06:18 PM
from my understanding the player edition was free and could be upgraded. i dont eremmber where i saw that and i may have misread as well.
flamepulse is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old June 6th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamepulse View Post
from my understanding the player edition was free and could be upgraded. i dont eremmber where i saw that and i may have misread as well.
The web interface, using a browser will be.

The player version of the installable client will not be.
enrious is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 6th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kate View Post
Thanks, that's helpful, and I won't expect your dreams to come true, though I hope they do!

Two more questions on Player Edition that I can't find answered:

1) Will we be able to buy it as a gift for our players?

2) Will there be an option to upgrade Player Edition to the full version?

1) YES!

2) Let me confirm the answer and get back to you.
liz is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
flamepulse

Old June 6th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrious View Post
The web interface, using a browser will be.

The player version of the installable client will not be.
ok, i thought i had remembered reading something about players being able to view for free
flamepulse is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
gloranphile

Old June 7th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamepulse View Post
ok, i thought i had remembered reading something about players being able to view for free
My understanding is that viewing the information entered by the GM is free, but to add information (in a player journal, etc.) the player must make the minimum payment must be made. (Liz, feel free to throw me under the bus if this info is incorrect)!
gloranphile is offline   #30 Reply With Quote