Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

Frodie

Old May 5th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Ok, I am trying to make a WOD D20 data set. I copied the MM setting (it's the one I had authorized and it's D20). All that worked fine. But now I want to delete some data from the set, (i.e. classes, powers ect), so I have a "clean" WOD D20 data set. How do I edit the data? I went to tools - launch editor - file - open file data - and nothing, where is the file data?

Thanks,
Kev
Frodie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 5th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Here's an old thread that may be on point:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=6803
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old May 5th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Ok, I found all the data, (used the D20 data files), but when I try to add a skill it ask for a user id with letters, numbers, and an _. So, I did that, and it will not take. Also when I delete a skill, it still shows. And if I add a lang, it will not show. I put a lot of work into it and nothing shows. The editing tools do not seem to work very well, (it can also be user error, lol)
Frodie is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 5th, 2009, 06:46 PM
You can't edit the things in the source directory directly. You create a new file within the editor, and create your new items in that.

What unique ID did you give your skill?

Did you delete the skill from the srd_skills.dat file in the source folder? Every file in the source folder is there as a reference. They are not used for the actual data. The thread I mentioned describes the basics of how to use the hidden mechanism (although that mechanism is not available from within the editor - you'll have to edit the XML directly)
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old May 6th, 2009, 04:12 AM
Thanks, so it's back to edit the xml. Oh well, I was hoping to get away from that, (not very good XML). Looks like I'll have to try something else. Thank you.
Frodie is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old June 8th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Here are few of the problems I am running into:

1) The Base Attack and Saves progressions from the book are not standard 3.5. Is there anyway to edit them?

2) Each class starts out with 4 Hit Dice and then 1 every level. Is there anyway to do that?
Frodie is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old June 9th, 2009, 03:46 AM
btw - How do you hide the info? I didn't see it in the post.
Frodie is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old July 16th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Is there any way to import XML from other software to HL? The reason I ask, is I was able to put this setting into an older 3.5/modern software system. And it works, just kind of buggy. I would like to use HL; it just doesn’t seem very flexible enough to handle MCWod, as well as the older software. The main issue being the class attack and saves. I was hoping an input, might force HL to take the new attacks and saves.
Frodie is offline   #8 Reply With Quote