Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

athelu

Old June 21st, 2019, 08:15 AM
Hi all.
I have been using RealmWorks for years and still recommend it to other DMs. I have long since stopped complaining about what it cannot do, and instead have tried to embrace what it can. With the new content options, and the with the ability to export, i was hoping to be able to compartmentalize some of my content.

As i said, i have been using RealmWorks for years, so have built up a ton of information in my realm. However, i am just starting my third campaign in this realm and all of the previous information should not be available to my players (even though some have played through the previous ones). I am thinking my initial layout may have been flawed, as a i created a source with the name of my custom world where the major items exist. I have also filled out mechanics specific to this world. How do i associate these together to create the "Base" setting for campaigns?

Second - i typically create new sources - and treat them like modules or Campaign Arcs. Ideally these should be self contained. I would like to be able to export these to save for historical purposes, but not keep them in my realm once i have started a new campaign. So far, I have been unsuccessful in doing this.

If anybody could guide me in how to accomplish these things it would be awesome.
athelu is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old June 21st, 2019, 11:09 AM
There is a setting to globally clear all revealed content. That would be the first thing to do if I was you.

Associating mechanics and topics is best done by linking one to the other.

To export a subset of a realm is easy. Go into the export dialog and choose partial export and follow the directions. When you're done you should have a new tag specific to that export. Create a view and add only the stuff you want to export, and eventually delete, to it. If it's all under one topic add that topic and its children, which should be an option. Then go into bulk tagging and assign that tag you made to everything in the view. Go back to the export dialog and do the actual partial export.

Once you have the XML file, I'd import it into an empty realm just to be sure the data is there. Once you do there is no reason not to delete that source and everything under it from you main realm.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
athelu

Old June 21st, 2019, 01:12 PM
Ah. The tagging is what i think i was missing. I created a partial export (at the root of a source) but it only ever exported that one item.
athelu is offline   #3 Reply With Quote