Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Javell

Old July 23rd, 2010, 02:05 PM
I got a few questions about the paladin's warhorse on Hero Lab.

1. When you purchase a military saddle, it's suppose to give a +2 to your ride skill. I can't figure out how to make that work. There's no way to equip it and get that +2.

2. When you take the Improve Natural Attack feat, it only allows you to take it once. I wanted to take this feat twice; once for hooves and once for bite. But it zeros out on me once I select it the first time.
I asked on the boards about taking this feat more than once and I was told it was allowed.

3. The warhorse gets multiattack when it reaches high enough level. Now it shows I have it, but my secondary attack still gets a -5. But when I go in and select it as a feat, the -5 then drops to -2.

4. The horseshoes of speed also don't register.

Please note that this program is awesome! But these were just a few issues I've ran into and didn't know if maybe I'm doing something wrong. If anyone could help me with this that'd be great.

I asked this over at the paizo boards and they said this was the place to go.

Thanks!
Javell is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 23rd, 2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javell View Post
1. When you purchase a military saddle, it's suppose to give a +2 to your ride skill. I can't figure out how to make that work. There's no way to equip it and get that +2.
The saddle only grants a bonus to Ride checks to stay mounted, not all Ride checks, so the bonus can't be added to the ride skill all the time. On my to-do list is making the riding saddle show up in the specials list, so that you have a reminder that the bonus exists.

Quote:
2. When you take the Improve Natural Attack feat, it only allows you to take it once. I wanted to take this feat twice; once for hooves and once for bite. But it zeros out on me once I select it the first time.
I asked on the boards about taking this feat more than once and I was told it was allowed.
Re-read the feat description. There's no text allowing you to take it multiple times. Other feats that can be taken multiple times have text specifically allowing it. If the person who gave you that answer was from Paizo, please direct me to it, and I'll change the way the feat works, but in the meantime, I'm afraid I have to disagree with that interpretation of the rule.

Quote:
3. The warhorse gets multiattack when it reaches high enough level. Now it shows I have it, but my secondary attack still gets a -5. But when I go in and select it as a feat, the -5 then drops to -2.
I've put this on my to-do list, thanks for the report.

Quote:
4. The horseshoes of speed also don't register.
Already on my to-do list. Thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Javell

Old July 23rd, 2010, 05:49 PM
Cool! Thanks a lot Mathias! Appreciate all the info. I've read the Imp Nat Att feat as well. I know what you're talking about. I still question it. Especially if you look at the Imp Nat Armor feat where it specifically says you can take it again and again.

I'll double check my thread on that and see if maybe I misunderstood.

Thanks again!
Javell is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 25th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
answer was from Paizo, please direct me to it, and I'll change the way the feat works, but in the meantime, I'm afraid I have to disagree with that interpretation of the rule.
So James Jacobs did answer this over at Paizo and said that the special line that use to exist in 3.5 should NOT have been removed. The full post is HERE. Which makes me feel better as that breaks monsters in 3.5 which is suppose to be compatible to PFPRG.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 25th, 2010, 04:46 PM
I'll put this on my to-do list (even if it's by James Jacobs, I'd still ideally like to see it incorporated into an errata that everyone can reference and has the text properly written up for those restrictions).

(It'll also be minor bit of work to make sure it's not taken twice for the same attack, so I'll leave that for after Gen Con).
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 25th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'd still ideally like to see it incorporated into an errata that everyone can reference and has the text properly written up for those restrictions.
You and me both. The couple page errata documents they have released need allot of improvement. Heck most the time I only catch all these little things like this because I read James specific posts each day.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote