Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Thazar

Old July 18th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Howdy All,

I am trying to make an item for the Shield spell and Mage Armor. I have it set up so that it has the armor/shield bonus correct with no weight, cost, armor check penalty, or spell failure. I have checked the ignore prereqs portion as well.

So the item shows up in the armor list correctly. I can buy it and add it to my "armor" section for free and I can equip them. It adjusts my AC correctly and is color coded black. But I still get the little "You are not proficient with this item" icon.

Is there a way to add the "Proficiency not required" and the "This is not Gear" items to the armor in the same way you can do with weapons?

If I try and do it via the temp adjustments section it changes things like CMD and has stacking issues that I do not want to have so I would really like it on the Armor tab.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thazar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 18th, 2010, 03:50 PM
You can modify the Armor Class adjustment to grant Armor or Shield bonuses instead of a generic Bonus (which is incorporated into CMD).

In the editor, look up the manual in the help menu. Scroll down to the "Reference Information" page, and there, look first for the #applybonus[] macro, then go to the Armor Class section to find out the field names for Armor and Shield bonuses. You can then modify the Armor Class adjustment to grant an armor bonus or a shield bonus that will stack properly.

Here's a thread from the User Projects forum, where others are talking about working on adjustments for various spells: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=10349
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 19th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thazar View Post
So the item shows up in the armor list correctly. I can buy it and add it to my "armor" section for free and I can equip them. It adjusts my AC correctly and is color coded black. But I still get the little "You are not proficient with this item" icon.
I have the same type of item for my players also. What you want to do is check the Don't generate pre-requisite?. This will prevent HL from checking the character for armor proficiencies and you won't get the not proficient error message on the character anymore.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Thazar

Old July 20th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Thank you for the feedback all!
Thazar is offline   #4 Reply With Quote