Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
I'm looking to post any and all user created content, regardless of the system. So far I have been working with D&D 3.5, but i will take submissions from any game system.

As for looking the information up as Rob mentioned, i'll need to look into that some more before i can comment on it. But it seems like the process should work for any system since they are all written using the same Hero Lab product.
Yep. One mechanism works generically for everything.
rob is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 20th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Well maybe I can create one large file per book. I think that I will still do smaller parts first until a book is completed though.
chiefweasel is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Micco

Old August 21st, 2009, 08:59 AM
This is really great! As soon as the editor gets done for Pathfinder I'll start sending you some PFRPG specific stuff.
Micco is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 24th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Cool. I am starting a Pathfinder game in a few weeks and would be curious to see what you have. I hope the Lone Wolf folks can get to the rest of the Pathfinder information as well.

If anyone has any completed information for any of the HL game systems, please feel free to send it along. Thanks.
chiefweasel is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
terrestrialboy

Send a message via Skype™ to terrestrialboy

Old August 27th, 2009, 09:48 PM
I've got a Deadlands Reloaded data file I've been working on. It works, but it's buggy and needs some cleanup. I'd be willing to post it for anyone who's interested ...
terrestrialboy is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 29th, 2009, 01:23 PM
A note on your site, chiefweasel, it's "Hero Lab" not "Hero Labs".
Mathias is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 29th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Ops, sorry about that, i'll make the change.
chiefweasel is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Pandaemoni

Old December 2nd, 2009, 08:12 AM
Hello. I am brand new to HeroLab, but liked it so much that immediately bought almost all the licences based on how well it handles M&M and the SRD.

In looking for user created content (which the Lone Wolf website alludes to, but does not clearly provide a link to), I was happy to see the Cheese Weasel site. Four questions, all of which, I'm sure, display my noobishness:

(1) Are there any other sites with user generated content of which I should be aware?

(2) To what directory do I copy the .user files to use them in connection with a given game system?

(3) Is there anything else I need to do to "activate" these files for use?

(4) I have bought the license for the Authoring Kit, but opening it up it is not immediately obvious to me how to use it. Is there a tutorial or documentation that explains the process of, say, using it to create a magic item?

My ultimate goal is to implement a series of houserules that I use in, and content otherwise vital to, a game I DM, which will require me to do crazy things like rewrite the Paladin class, add new spells, add some Tome of Battle content, add some new Tome of Magic and Incarnum content, add a few prestige classes, etc. While no one has any interest in my customized material, I'm sure, I am happy to share my more generic creations (like anything I pull from Tome of Battle), but I feel a little lost with the interface at the moment.
Pandaemoni is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:17 AM
All the files on the Cheese Weasel site are available for free to anyone who wants them. They are all created by users of the HL community and are presented as is, that is to say that there might be some errors with them. So feel free to download all the files and use them, all you should need to do it add them to the folders for the system they were created for. For example, if you are using D20 you would add the file to the c:\HeroLab\data\d20\.

There is nothing needed to activate the files.

I'm not sure of any other sites that have HL content, if there are, please let me know and i will add a link to it.

The authoring kit to it create new game systems, not to create content for existing game systems. for existing system you would use the editor.

Hope this helps.
chiefweasel is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
DarokinB

Old December 4th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Hello! I'm new to HeroLab, having just purchased it. I have to say that i like what I am seeing, but i have a couple questions about importing user content. My players love the spell compendium, and I found a user created data set of all the spells (or at least most) but when I place it in the /data/d20/ folder, it seems to process it, but does not add the spells to the spell list. When i open the file in the editor, if i test each spell individually, if it passes it then adds it to the spell list. Is there a way to test all of them at once? If so, how?

Thanks again?
DarokinB is offline   #20 Reply With Quote