Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lunarius

Old July 25th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Hello! I joined the HL forums specifically for this, and while I have read each page of the thread and I've tried hard not to overlook the answer to my question, I'll be the first to admit that I'm more than a little scatter-brained.

Since I initially purchased HL I've been in love with the way this custom sheet works: it prints wonderfully and it converts into great PDFs. It's everything I could need for tabletop gaming. However, lately I've been getting into more and more PbP games and a sheet like this would be excellent for my GMs since it has so much info in such a tidy fashion. My problem is that I can't export the HTML to upload to my webspace.

I don't know how clear that is, so please forgive me if I over-explain:
When I export the custom sheet from HL and open it in my browser (Safari on Mac OSX) I'm able to make changes and move aspects of the sheet until I'm content.
However, I can't get just the HTML for the sheet itself (not the configuration aspects) to export. Saving the page (as an .html or .webarchive) saves everything, configuration js included.

Is there any way I can export the HTML for just the formatted information?

Thanks for your time!
Lunarius is offline   #181 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old July 27th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Hi Lunarius,

Thanks for the kind words!

Unfortunately for your purpose, you're correct... the HTML is generated dynamically, so you won't be able to save/export it. You can print it to PDF or XPS as you noted.

I take it that the system you're using only accepts HTML?
AncientOne is offline   #182 Reply With Quote
Lunarius

Old July 27th, 2013, 06:53 PM
You're more than welcome! And thank you very much for the quick response!

I haven't yet run into it, but I do have a few GMs that have a 'strong preference' toward HTML sheets. I can do it all by hand and I don't have any issue with it, it's always a nice little refresher, but if I could have something as incredibly well-designed as your sheet in HTML format that would be the absolute icing on the cake.

Do you think there's any way to include an HTML export function in a future release, or would that be too much of a pain in the butt? I'm not bad with HTML and a dab of CSS besides, but just about everything else is outside of my present scope.
Lunarius is offline   #183 Reply With Quote
Thrantor

Old July 30th, 2013, 11:20 AM
AncientOne, any idea when the sheet will be updated next? It's been ages and I'm wondering what awesome new things you've thought up.
Thrantor is offline   #184 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old July 31st, 2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarius View Post
Do you think there's any way to include an HTML export function in a future release, or would that be too much of a pain in the butt?
Well... I won't rule it out but, off the top of my head, I don't see how it can be done with the current architecture of the sheet. I think I'd have to go back to an entirely XSL-based approach, and that would eliminate a lot of other features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrantor View Post
AncientOne, any idea when the sheet will be updated next? It's been ages and I'm wondering what awesome new things you've thought up.
I appreciate the interest. As far as I can tell, Hero Lab has never had the improvements made to the underlying custom sheet mechanism that would allow me to do some of the things I really want to do.

I haven't given up though... I'm sure the Lone Wolf resources have been busy on other things, but I'm hoping they'll get back to the custom sheet enhancements at some point.
AncientOne is offline   #185 Reply With Quote
Lunarius

Old July 31st, 2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks very much for your answer, AncientOne. Even if it isn't what I was hoping to hear, I'm still glad to know. Either way I'm still ridiculously appreciative of the work you've done in making and maintaining the sheet.
Lunarius is offline   #186 Reply With Quote
Tasha

Old August 3rd, 2013, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarius View Post
You're more than welcome! And thank you very much for the quick response!

I haven't yet run into it, but I do have a few GMs that have a 'strong preference' toward HTML sheets. I can do it all by hand and I don't have any issue with it, it's always a nice little refresher, but if I could have something as incredibly well-designed as your sheet in HTML format that would be the absolute icing on the cake.

Do you think there's any way to include an HTML export function in a future release, or would that be too much of a pain in the butt? I'm not bad with HTML and a dab of CSS besides, but just about everything else is outside of my present scope.
If you are good with HTML take a look at some of the other sheets up on ShadowChemosh's site. The one that I edited and a couple of the others are HTML with no JavaScript at all.

Love Ancient One's sheet which is why I haven't bothered to update my sheet any further. Anyone is very welcome to use my sheet and modify it to their heart's content. Just make sure that you keep crediting me and sheets original author. The sheets themselves are easy to edit.
Tasha is offline   #187 Reply With Quote
Lunarius

Old August 4th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the recommendation, Tasha! I'll head there promptly after posting this. I doubt I'll do much editing, though at some point I may try my hand at making my own.

Thanks again.
Lunarius is offline   #188 Reply With Quote
Dayspire

Old September 21st, 2013, 05:41 PM
Hey, Ancient One!

I'm a big fan of your sheet - so thank you for all your hard work.

Any idea when they might allow you to fix the gear location bug? Or maybe is there a way to have the gear *not* break it out by container until they fix it..?

Thanks!

Tim
Dayspire is offline   #189 Reply With Quote
TopCat

Old September 22nd, 2013, 10:31 AM
Hi, Ancient One.

Another fan of your sheet (plus 7 more if you add my players).

Got a request that may or may not be possible, depending on the data that's exported.

I'm using the relationships on the social tab for my current campaign (Jade Regent) but all that is printed on the sheet is the name of the person. The relationship score and type (friendly/competitive) isn't shown. Is that data there, and if so, can it be displayed?

Phil
TopCat is offline   #190 Reply With Quote