Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Zweiblumen

Old June 18th, 2017, 02:11 AM
This may be due to using HL on OSX instead of WIN, but when I copy CFs to make a new one the Threading Pool is missing. If I just copy a Core form and rename it, this fails. And I can't find an example of a working Form to add in the missing XML (that's an assumption) or fill in the missing lines in the Editor. I'm happy doing either. Can someone post the XML for a working CF?

I'm having problem creating other things as well, but getting this done would be a huge step. Thanks!

EDIT: BTW, I'm sure I'm just being stupid here, but I've been banging my head against this for a couple of weeks now. I'm sure there's documentation somewhere that I'm missing or something So please forgive my ignorance.

Last edited by Zweiblumen; June 18th, 2017 at 02:20 AM.
Zweiblumen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Zweiblumen

Old June 18th, 2017, 02:15 AM
Here's what I get when I copy a CF FWIW.

<thing id="cfTest" name="Cleaner" description="Illegal actions leave traces in the Matrix, but the Resonance can erase a few of them. Make a Simple Software + Resonance [Level] test. For each hit, reduce the target&apos;s Overwatch Score by 1." compset="Form">
<fieldval field="spDrain" value="1"/>
<tag group="PowTarget" tag="Persona" name="Persona" abbrev="Persona"/>
<tag group="User" tag="Unique" name="Elevate" abbrev="Elevate"/>
<tag group="PowDur" tag="Permanent" name="Permanent" abbrev="P"/>
</thing>
Zweiblumen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 18th, 2017, 09:02 AM
On the skills tab, go to the skill specialty tab, and copy the skill specialty from the complex form you're copying. The skill specialties double as modifier collectors, and they're where the dicepool is calculated and stored.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Zweiblumen

Old June 20th, 2017, 01:44 AM
Thanks!
Zweiblumen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Zweiblumen

Old June 20th, 2017, 08:36 AM
Got another one for you @Mathias:
I want to try and implement Paragons from 4th into 5th. Is there a way for me to copy the Mentor Spirit Tab from Magic into a Paragon Tab in Resonance? Or would I be better off just trying to make individual Qualities for them?
Zweiblumen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 20th, 2017, 09:09 AM
Yeah, build each paragon as its own quality, and confine all the mechanics to that quality.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Zweiblumen

Old June 20th, 2017, 01:45 PM
Thanks!
Zweiblumen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
MiloTMinderbinder

Old October 12th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Hi Mathias,

I am having the same issue with Complex Forms, but for some reason the solution you posted isn't working for me. I'm still getting no value for the threading pool.

I've tried the solution you posted several times, with resets to the program and swapped data files in between. Tried multiple CFs and skill specs, various naming schemes, even tried creating a new software skill and tying everything to that. Threading pools only ever show up for the original CFs, never for my errata'd copies, no matter how much or how little I try. I know the solution you posted has worked for lots of other people, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using a PC, HeroLab for Windows 8.2a, Shadowrun 5th ed version 2.1. I have all the data packages except Howling Shadows.

Thanks for any insights!
MiloTMinderbinder is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 12th, 2017, 11:26 AM
Without being able to see the details of what you've created, I can't give you any advice. Could you post the .user files, or open them in a text editor and copy out what you've defined?
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
MiloTMinderbinder

Old October 16th, 2017, 09:30 AM
Thanks fir responding. I'm kind of new to using this message board so apologies if I do something wrong. I'm attaching my .user file here. Thanks again for your help.

The file I'm attaching was created by another SR player and I know it works for him. I have also made .user files of my own but this one is better. Whichever I use I still can't get the threading pools to work - let me know if there's something else you need to replicate.
Attached Files
File Type: email Errata_Complex_Forms.user (109.1 KB, 0 views)
MiloTMinderbinder is offline   #10 Reply With Quote