Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Closed Thread

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 18th, 2015, 08:01 AM
Special thanks to ShadowChemosh for his work on the fixes and changes in this version of the data files!

Enhancements & Changes
  • Spell text will now display for abilities that references a specific spell. For example if an ability says it works like Detect Evil then the Detect Evil spell information will be displayed.
  • Abilities that are listed as Spell-Like will now display on the Spells tab for tracking instead of the In-Play tab.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed Power Attack feat to no longer give an attack penalty to ranged weapons (ie Bows).
  • Fixed Power Attack feat to correctly apply its damage bonus to Double Weapons (ie Orc Double Axe).
  • Fixed Power Attack feat to no longer display as disabled when setting BAB penalty to max.
  • Fixed the feat "Totem Spirit - Shadde-Quah (Axe Clan)" to correctly increase rounds of rage.
  • Fixed issue where it was possible for a creature with two natural attacks (ie claws) to be getting 1.5x Str damage bonus.
  • Fixed Class Specials appearing in the "Tracked Resources" section of the In-Play tab before the correct class level was achieved.
  • Fixed issue where "ranged natural attacks" (ie Tongue) were giving a statblock error.
  • Fixed issue where the Barbarian class damage reduction would print incorrectly to the statblock.
  • Fixed issue where gear items marked with Helper.NoOutGear were printing as gear on the statblock.

Data File Authoring
  • A few "tags" were given better "description" text to help with understanding what the tag does.
  • Fix livenames with Usage tags but zero value in hTotal so we display better.
  • Make Spell-Like abilities with (AbilType.SpellLike & Usage.? & Helper.ShowSpec) tags will display on the Spells tab
  • Spells new "description" fields have been increased to accept up to 500 characters
  • Added a new "XP Cost Text" field to support spells like Atonement. Note this text will be appended to the value after the XP Cost. In example if the cost is 500 and the XP Cost Text is "On Wednesday" the final value will be "XP Cost: 500 XP (On Wednesday)".
  • The new SpInfo.? tag group has been created for spells. This allows you to tag an Ability with a SpInfo.SPELL_UNIQUE_ID to have the spells text display as part of the Ability text. This can be applied in the editor using the new "Append Spell Information" button on Specials.

Last edited by Colen; November 18th, 2015 at 11:15 AM.
Colen is offline   #1
Sendric

Old January 6th, 2016, 04:20 AM
Ummm....First?

Anyway, here is a bug report that was posted on the community thread:

An error occurs when attempting to set the new price of a modified magic item. To reproduce:

1) Create a magic weapon (or armor). I used a +1 battleaxe. Add it to the character.
2) Select the button to modify the weapon. Before making any changes, click on the "Set" button.
3) Modify the item. I added a special material. The following error occurs:

Quote:
Attempt to access transaction pick from script when no transaction context exists
- - -
Attempt to access transaction pick from script when no transaction context exists
- - -
- - -

Last edited by Sendric; January 6th, 2016 at 04:23 AM.
Sendric is offline   #2
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 6th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the bug report. Oh yeah I can look into the "cost" mechanics. Very excited.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3
Sendric

Old January 12th, 2016, 05:53 AM
So I have a timing issue. Some of the type abilities (ie Fey, Giant) bootstrap weapon feats, such as Simple Weapon Prof or Martial Weapon Prof. These feats run a script at First/100, which means if you need to use a conditional to bootstrap the type special, it has to run before that. In the case of the conditional searching for the Classes.? tag, this is too early. Is there any way around this is, and/or would it be possible to move the timing around so that the Classes.? tags were applied before First/100 (or to have these scripts on the feats run later)?
Sendric is offline   #4
Sendric

Old January 12th, 2016, 11:03 AM
Also, a bug report:

Entering something into the 'Custom Ability Plural' text box does not change the plural version. For example:

Custom Ability Name: Mystery
Custom Ability Plural: Mysteries

Actual name used for plural custom abilities: Mysterys
Sendric is offline   #5
Aaron

Old January 12th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Thanks for the bug report. Oh yeah I can look into the "cost" mechanics. Very excited.
Don't worry, ShadowChemosh. Dealing with purchasing in HL is a ton of fun*! I still remember fondly my last foray into that territory.

* In the Dwarven Fortress sense of the word.
Aaron is offline   #6
ShadowChemosh

Old January 13th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
So I have a timing issue. Some of the type abilities (ie Fey, Giant) bootstrap weapon feats, such as Simple Weapon Prof or Martial Weapon Prof. These feats run a script at First/100, which means if you need to use a conditional to bootstrap the type special, it has to run before that. In the case of the conditional searching for the Classes.? tag, this is too early. Is there any way around this is, and/or would it be possible to move the timing around so that the Classes.? tags were applied before First/100 (or to have these scripts on the feats run later)?
Thanks for the bug report. I have added it to the to-do list.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7
ShadowChemosh

Old January 13th, 2016, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Also, a bug report:

Entering something into the 'Custom Ability Plural' text box does not change the plural version. For example:

Custom Ability Name: Mystery
Custom Ability Plural: Mysteries

Actual name used for plural custom abilities: Mysterys
Thanks for the bug report. I have added it to the to-do list.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8
ShadowChemosh

Old January 13th, 2016, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Don't worry, ShadowChemosh. Dealing with purchasing in HL is a ton of fun*! I still remember fondly my last foray into that territory.

* In the Dwarven Fortress sense of the word.
Yeah! That totally made me feel better Aaron!

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9
Sendric

Old January 18th, 2016, 10:19 AM
So it looks like there is no Value.5 or Value.10 tags. Or, at least, if you assign them to a natural weapon it doesn't display the x5 or x10. Is this something I need to add? Seems like an odd thing to be missing.
Sendric is offline   #10
Closed Thread