Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EldarNewb

Old January 13th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I appear to have found a bug in the Army Builder with regards to the Shining Spears. In the codex, it says that you can have between 3-5 Shining Spears, and that one of them can be upgraded to be an exarch. However... army builder doesn't upgrade one of the shining spears to be the exarch it adds one. Therefore I can't have just 2 shining spears and one exarch, I have to have 3 shining spears and one exarch. Also, it allows me to have 5 shining spears and one exarch, i.e. a group of six, which is not allowed in the codex. Is this something wrong with army builder or has there been an update to the Eldar armies that I don't know about.

Thanks

EldarNewb
EldarNewb is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
harkan
Volunteer Data File Author

Old January 13th, 2008, 03:14 PM
When you add an exarch then make sure you have the squad highlighted and then use the +/- button in the top right corner of the roster screen to reduce the normal count to 2
harkan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EldarNewb

Old January 13th, 2008, 03:24 PM
It doesn't allow you to reduce the normal cout to 2. The - is greyed out
EldarNewb is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
EldarNewb

Old January 13th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Actually, this appears to be a problem for all exarchs. You can't have a minimum number of models in a unit and have an exarch.
EldarNewb is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 14th, 2008, 04:37 PM
It's been noted - the bug report at www.ab40k.org is called "Asspect Squads", and the status is: "O: Closed next release", which I presume means it's been fixed for next release.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Xercius

Old February 2nd, 2008, 04:14 PM
sweet, wish I had seen this thread before posting. My friends version of the 40k data doesn't have this problem. I am wondering if this bug came about because of an update?
Xercius is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old February 3rd, 2008, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xercius
My friends version of the 40k data doesn't have this problem. I am wondering if this bug came about because of an update?
However it more than likely has other bugs. That is the point of releasing new versions of the datafiles. To update the files with new rules and/or codices and to correct bugs in the files.
Ghaz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
WarriorsTwilight
Volunteer Data File Author

Old February 5th, 2008, 10:18 PM
The previous version 1.27b of the ab40k data files; the Eldar are all Shiny!! But it doesn't have any of the AP stuff in it. If your going to just build a normal Eldar list it should be fine.
WarriorsTwilight is offline   #8 Reply With Quote