Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

TaylorBland

Old September 23rd, 2016, 08:25 PM
Okay, so i am adding a Quarantine Lab to M&M 3e. however i want to limit it to Large Size HQ or higher. i am not good with script so does anyone know how to do this?

The Lab is ranked based on how many people it can hold and it also increases the DC of the Lab.
1: 15 people, DC 15
2: 30 people, DC 20
3: 50 people, DC 25
4: 100 people, DC 30

Since the minimum is a lot of people, the size limitation of the HQ makes sense to me. how do i make Large Size or larger a prerequisite for the Quarantine Lab?
TaylorBland is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 25th, 2016, 05:18 AM
So, just to be clear, they should not be able to add the "Quarantine Facilities" feature unless the size is Larger or higher? And there are 4 ranks of the feature?
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TaylorBland

Old September 25th, 2016, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
So, just to be clear, they should not be able to add the "Quarantine Facilities" feature unless the size is Larger or higher? And there are 4 ranks of the feature?
Correct. I think anything smaller than LARGE will not be large enough to hold that many people. Size Large or bigger can hold that many people and thus allows proper Quarantine to take effect.

My reason is, i am building an HQ for some players and they have to deal with a nano-tech plague turning normal humans into superhuman zombies. this Feature will be worth it, but i don't know how to code the size limit. (Good thing they have a Gargantuan sized HQ!!!)
TaylorBland is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old September 25th, 2016, 04:31 PM
Hmm... interesting. One should be able to do a check on hqSize in the pre-requisites, but that value doesn't seem to get changed. I'll log a bug.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TaylorBland

Old September 26th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
Hmm... interesting. One should be able to do a check on hqSize in the pre-requisites, but that value doesn't seem to get changed. I'll log a bug.
thanks. i saw that too. that's why i was asking. i hope this works
TaylorBland is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old October 26th, 2016, 08:04 AM
I got a response from Hollis:

Quote:
We don't use the hqSize field to track the size of a hadquarters. To check the size on the HQ, you should be looking at the Size pick on the headquarters instead.
I'll try checking that tonight.
Duggan is offline   #6 Reply With Quote