Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DMG

Old June 25th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Hi Folks,

I think I've come up with a potential workaround for running combat overlays in Realm Works.

It's totally cheating, but if it works...

I've written up a small proof of concept application that creates round, dragable forms. Run the RW Player View up on a 2nd screen, then drag the character icons over the RW map.

The most obvious problem is that if you move or scale the map, then the character icons won't scale or move with it, but for most combats, you'd have the map static anyway.

I've also set it so the character icon is always on top.

Like I said, it's a proof of concept, but it could be a solution until LWD gives us something better (hopefully).

Cheers,
Jim.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RW Overlay Sample.jpg (76.2 KB, 55 views)
DMG is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Hubrice

Old July 1st, 2014, 08:56 AM
That's very cool. I might have to move over to digital tokens someday. Right now I just use a 40" TV, laying on the table, with a sheet of Plexiglas (to protect from dice and minis) and standard D&D minis.

It works, but I could use a more elegant solution. Mounting the TV to a wall would clear up a lot of valuable space on the table for snacks and dice rolls. It's funny how the player refuse to roll on top of the TV, they think it's bad luck.
Hubrice is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old July 1st, 2014, 04:17 PM
Here's an updated version, showing the Player View (cropped), along with my little app.

I've set it so when a character is selected in the list, the token is highlighted (the golem in this case).

The scale is adjustable based on the number of pixels per foot (so in this case, a medium sized token is 6 pixels x 5' = 30 pixels in diameter).

Double clicking on the token displays a larger picture of the character.

It also shows what we know about iron golems (learnt both the hard way & using the Mythic Imprinting Hand ability).

I'm going to be giving this a run at our game this Saturday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RW Overlay Sample 2a.jpg (303.2 KB, 30 views)
DMG is offline   #3 Reply With Quote