Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DMG

Old December 17th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Hi Folks,

I'm looking into adding some custom buildings to use with the districts in Ultimate Campaign.

I've had a brief look in the HL Editor, however I can't find anywhere to add them, or even to look at the existing building data to use as a template.

If anybody can point me to the location of the existing data in the editor, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Jim.
DMG is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 17th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Buildings as a system is still outstanding, you're not missing anything. I've got them finished, but I need to build Organizations as the sister system. It shouldn't take too long, considering they are quite similar, so I should be able to re-use much of what I built for Buildings.

Paizos release this month is right after Christmas, so that is when our December monthly release will be. No promises, but I believe I am on track to have everything in downtime done by then.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old December 17th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Thanks for that Aaron.

My plan is to add the buildings from Ultimate Rulership for use in our game.

Cheers,
Jim.
DMG is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old December 18th, 2013, 06:34 AM
I'm now wondering if Aaron answered at cross-purposes.

Custom buildings for the Kingdom rules are currently not a feature of the editor (because of the tab limit in the editor, I believe, which is one of the things the current beta is looking to change). Aaron's response seemed to be with regard to the building and organisation rules of the Downtime system in UCam. Buildings made under the Downtime rules do not filter through to the Kingdom rules, unless Aaron has done something extremely clever (which I wouldn't put past him).
Chemlak is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 18th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Ah perhaps I did misunderstand. I was talking about the building and organization rules in the downtime chapter, it sounds like perhaps you are talking about making new buildings for the Kingdom rules elsewhere in Ultimate Campaign. That indeed runs up against the tab limit Chemlak mentioned.

Fortunately, we're close to getting a new editor system implemented to fix that tab limit. It does require some changes in the core program though, so we've got to test things a bit more before releasing it to the wild. Hopefully those tests will go well and we can expand the editor to make more stuff easily addable.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old December 18th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Ahhh...I was talking about the Kingdom rules, not the downtime rules. Funny, but we get the same confusion when emailing our gaming group.

Either way, I just have to wait until it's available.
DMG is offline   #6 Reply With Quote