Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

osman

Old November 1st, 2006, 11:15 AM
Hey,
I've just recently started editing datafiles, so I could make a working version of the new 40k Eldar Codex, until the official maintainers are comfortable releasing it. I've managed to pick up quite a bit, and I've got the entire codex implemented. However, I'm trying to clean up the file and make things simpler and less cluttered when editing it in ABC.

One thing I'd like to have is an option that only appears once, no matter how many times it's referenced. I've got that working.

The reason I want it is to automatically include section headers when a unit has various types of options available (but not necessarily selected).

So, I'd like to have all of my 'Exarch Skill' options add the 'Exarch Skills' header option. Problem is... I can't figure out how to do that. Seems like it must be simple, but I'm stumped. If I make the header a link from the first option, the header is only added when the option is selected.

I also tried going a different route, always including one copy of the header in every unit, and making the live expression depend on a tag that gets set by the option, but I don't see how that will work either. The only place I can set the tag is in the eval expression, right? Which means the header again only appears if the option is selected. I realize this is un-necessary, but I'm on such a roll re-factoring the file that I really wanted to go all the way. Any tips?
osman is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
harkan
Volunteer Data File Author

Old November 3rd, 2006, 07:12 AM
this isn't really related to the issue you are asking but please pop over to the ab40k site and have a look at the eldar forum

cheers

related to the question - the orks use a similar system with free and costed weaponry. The linkset options have a live statement that depends on a certain tag and the units that are applicable have the tag assigned via the unit tab tag group box.

So for something like your example it could be that the exarch header has a live expression of 'elTag.exarch' and all relevant units have the tag pre-assigned of 'elTag.exarch'
harkan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote