Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

tenro

Old September 9th, 2015, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
So your two-weapon fighting with a greatsword a a "armament shield bash". HL is giving the main hand a -4 penalty and the off-hand a -8 penalty which matches exactly to the two-weapon fighting rules.

Your using a greatsword in your primary hand and light weapon (ie armament shield bash) in your off hands. This is from the Warder class. The values are looking right to me.

I am not expert with some of these 3PP classes is there an ability or something that you have that should be lowering the TWF penalties?

In addition I checked and you can use the adjustment "Configurable: Table One" to give yourself more maneuvers. Just pick the Maneuver "tab" from the drop down. To allow more stances use the "Configurable: Table Two" adjustment instead.
Thanks for the info. Unless I am mistaken with Warder, it should not be considered two-weapon fighting. Basically Armament Shield Bash lets you use the sword for maneuvers (from Iron Tortoise) that require a shield bash, so it lets you use the sword for that requirement, and you do damage as if you were using a light shield when doing so. It doesn't allow (to my knowledge) a two-weapon attack using the real weapon and then the real weapon again as a pretend shield for a 2WF shield bash.

Maybe TheIronGolem could shed some light on it, i figure since TIG coded this part that they know the actual rules better than I as well.

Is there an option somewhere that I could choose that would show (in the cases of all characters or other characters who might be two-weapon fighting) the option to display all attack modes? For instance, a 2WF ranger showing his 2WF-ing a shortsword and a dagger, and ALSO displaying (at a different bonus) the shortsword attack by itself (for cases in which he only gets one attack vice a full attack?
tenro is offline   #501 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old September 10th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenro View Post
Thanks for the info. Unless I am mistaken with Warder, it should not be considered two-weapon fighting. Basically Armament Shield Bash lets you use the sword for maneuvers (from Iron Tortoise) that require a shield bash, so it lets you use the sword for that requirement, and you do damage as if you were using a light shield when doing so. It doesn't allow (to my knowledge) a two-weapon attack using the real weapon and then the real weapon again as a pretend shield for a 2WF shield bash.
Text of Armament Shield ability:

Quote:
When wielding a one-handed weapon in two hands or a two-handed weapon, the weapon is treated as a light shield for the purposes of performing a shield bash attack on an opponent. The warder smashes with the butt of a spear-haft, the pommel of a greatsword, or the broadside of her axe. All are essentially the same and are treated as light shields for the purposes of shield- bash attacks or martial maneuvers to be used with a weapon of this type (such as Iron Tortoise maneuvers that require a shield to function).
Emphasis mine. The use of Armament Shield is definitely not restricted to maneuvers; the text is clear that you can perform regular attacks with it as well. No exceptions to "treated as a light shield for the purposes of performing a shield bash" are given. This means that you can use it in your attack routine just like a "real" shield bash, which would include offhand attacks.

HL is assessing TWF penalties because you have both your greatsword and your Armament Shield marked as equipped, and it assumes that all "equipped" weapons are being used in any given attack routine. So if you're only attacking with the sword in a particular round, you'll want to unequip the ASB. If you're just bashing, use the ASB's bonus (don't unequip the sword though, that'll make the ASB disappear). Only if you're using both in the same turn should you equip both (meaning you'll have to eat those penalties). This applies whether you're using martial maneuvers or just regular vanilla attacks.

Now that I've explained this, I see that my implementation has a flaw in that you can't equip just the ASB, because it doesn't bootstrap unless you have a two-handed weapon equipped. So if you only want to bash, you'll need to equip the sword but leave the ASB unequipped so that it's bonus doesn't change. That's pretty counterintuitive.

So it might be a good idea to change it so that ASB only requires a 2-handed weapon to be present, instead of requiring it to actually be equipped as it does right now. I'll think on it.
TheIronGolem is offline   #502 Reply With Quote
tenro

Old September 10th, 2015, 08:16 PM
IronGolem, thanks for the reply.

I wonder, is there a way to have it export "all"possible attack routines as part of the character sheet? For those of us who dont actually use HL in play but post characters to forums and use them from there?
tenro is offline   #503 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 11th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Quote:
II wonder, is there a way to have it export "all"possible attack routines as part of the character sheet? For those of us who dont actually use HL in play but post characters to forums and use them from there?
What are "all" possible attack routines? If your not twf then just unequipped the Armament Shield and print the character sheet. Both weapons will display/print.

If you have the TWF feats HL does print the different attack possibilities to the character sheet. I am not sure about the statblock.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #504 Reply With Quote
tenro

Old September 11th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
What are "all" possible attack routines? If your not twf then just unequipped the Armament Shield and print the character sheet. Both weapons will display/print.

If you have the TWF feats HL does print the different attack possibilities to the character sheet. I am not sure about the statblock.
Hmm, ill monkey around with it then. New to HL so i thought i had to click the Armament Shield Bash to get it to show.

Odd that it didnt come out and display the -4, however.
tenro is offline   #505 Reply With Quote
Bakunin

Old September 11th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Just started playing around with the Psionics options from the 3PP, and I noticed the Dark Tempest prestige class from Ultimate Psionics is missing.
Bakunin is offline   #506 Reply With Quote
tenro

Old September 24th, 2015, 09:03 PM
I see there is a new update to the Pathfinder stuff, is it safe to update or will that cause problems with the current version of the community pack?

Also, are there plans to add in the archetypes for Marksman (dreamscarred press)?
tenro is offline   #507 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old September 25th, 2015, 12:40 AM
plan to get all the UP into HL at some point. just slow going. i've been away for a few weeks now and feel like i've forgotten almost everything i learned about the editor lol
psych777 is offline   #508 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 25th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Quote:
I see there is a new update to the Pathfinder stuff, is it safe to update or will that cause problems with the current version of the community pack?
As far as I know no current issues. Usually someone posts. I admit I have been so busy at work this week I have not had time to fully test. But sense no one has reported anything in this thread it should be safe to update.

Quote:
Also, are there plans to add in the archetypes for Marksman (dreamscarred press)?
Plans are to add "everything" from Ultimate Psionics and Path of War. We are constantly adding new thing each update. Sorry its not as fast a LW can do!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #509 Reply With Quote
Barillas

Old September 30th, 2015, 06:16 PM
Is there a recommended remediation process for orphaned content? Best I can tell, it looks like something is missing from my packages list, but the errors aren't very clear about it.

1) Pick 'rGenEfrNob' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '448'.
2) Chained pick 'skCrafOth' on hero 'Genie, Efreeti Noble - CR 10' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '448'

The second one looks like it's related to unchained crafting, but including the unchained skills doesn't appear to resolve it. Is there a way to turn on some verbose debugging or something so I can potentially find exactly what content it's trying and failing to load?

For context, I am attempting to load Crematorium.por from the Tomb of the Iron Medusa encounter package, and I do have the prerequisite packages (Advanced Players Guide, Bestiary 1, Bestiary 2, Bestiary 3, Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic, Mythic Adventures).
Barillas is offline   #510 Reply With Quote