Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

PaleKing

Old October 17th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Hello,
As far as I understand it, when I look at the list of updates if there is a red exclamation mark next to it it means that there is a newer version of the data files ready to be downloaded. However no matter how many times I download the Hordes file and the Warhammer Ancient Battle file, the exclamation mark remains.

Could anyone advise please?
Thanks
PaleKing is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 17th, 2006, 02:10 PM
That problem would be due to the data file authors entering incorrect information when they post updates about their data files. Authors handle their own release of new updates without our involvement. If the author doesn't do things correctly, then you'll get the behavior you describe below.

This is something that should be reported to the data file author as a bug. The author should be able to fix the problem quite easily.

-Rob

At 10:07 AM 10/17/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
Hello,
As far as I understand it, when I look at the list of updates if there is a red exclamation mark next to it it means that there is a newer version of the data files ready to be downloaded. However no matter how many times I download the Hordes file and the Warhammer Ancient Battle file, the exclamation mark remains.

Could anyone advise please?
Thanks
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
thebutcher
Volunteer Data File Author

Old October 18th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Uh oh, what did I do?
I do the Hordes file and the Warmachine file. The Hordes file used the Warmachine .def file so, I'm guessing the Warmachine file is doing the same thing?
The uploading is pretty simple, is it something in the .def file that's doing it?

Thanks for the help,
Ken

Warmachine/Hordes ('Retired' Confrontation and AT-43) Army Builder Author.
Magic the Gathering Card Vault Author.
thebutcher is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 19th, 2006, 12:01 AM
The data files stipulated in the definition file that they are V1.0. However, the Updates entry shows them as V1.1. Consequently, the V1.1 Updates entry will always be flagged as newer than the loaded V1.0 files when AB checks the versions. You simply need to enter the proper version number into the definition file and everything should work fine.

Hope this helps,
Rob

At 12:37 PM 10/18/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
Uh oh, what did I do?
I do the Hordes file and the Warmachine file. The Hordes file used the Warmachine .def file so, I'm guessing the Warmachine file is doing the same thing?
The uploading is pretty simple, is it something in the .def file that's doing it?

Thanks for the help,
Ken
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
PaleKing

Old October 20th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Hello,
Well I don't know about the tech side but if it helps the version of the update that I'm seeing is:Hordes V1.1 July 2006. In the description it says Hordes 1.1.1. It still has the red exclamation mark.

The warmachine seems to have updated and is current. It is Warmachine (V1.5) 24 Sept 2006 and in the description reads "Superiority - Contracts added".

Cheers
PaleKing is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
thebutcher
Volunteer Data File Author

Old October 26th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Ah, yes. I sometimes forget to change the .def file's version but change it on the sign in form on the website.
Another one of those doh! moments.

Thanks!

Warmachine/Hordes ('Retired' Confrontation and AT-43) Army Builder Author.
Magic the Gathering Card Vault Author.
thebutcher is offline   #6 Reply With Quote