Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

mirtos

Old March 28th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Its not really a VTT. I dont think there is anything wrong with having different tools for different purposes.

although that doesnt defeat the projector question, because there are things that it would be nice to project. General information, pictures, overall world maps, etc.

Personally, I use a combo of RealmsWorks and Maptool in my games. I would project the tabletop via maptools for combat (abotu 20% of the game time) and the realms works stuff the rest (80% of game time).
mirtos is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Portilis

Old March 28th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Well, a projector is simply another monitor as far as the computer is concerned, so there's nothing to prevent use of one with Player View whilst you run RW on your monitor.

The idea of being able to use Player View across multiple screens/projectors/monitors would be kinda handy though I think anyway.
Portilis is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Nostromos

Old March 28th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Its more of just some change suggestions for player view rather then a "new view"...or at least some options for player view.
Nostromos is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
soulfly

Old March 28th, 2014, 09:33 PM
I would love a full screen projector view as well. I think the player view is really close already and with a few more features it could replace the need for having a 2nd app running for VTT.

Few additional ideas:

New reveal tool allow you to click points and reveal/conceal everything in side of the "polygon" of points clicked.

"Map ping" let players and DM click a point on the map to aid in game discussion.

Right click (or any hot key) to drag to move around map; Pan.
soulfly is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 29th, 2014, 12:49 AM
The fog-of-world always expands so that only the visible part is shown within the player view. This hides from the players where there might be unexplored areas on the larger map (since they never get to see where the exposed area is on the larger map).

This basically means that the square sizes will vary as they continue to explore and more map is revealed (unless the GM resizes the window on the player view screen).
Farling is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
soulfly

Old March 29th, 2014, 06:11 AM
I played around with this and after zooming into my desired distance/square size as a gm, was able to reveal more map area with the player view still focused where I left it. I was able to move players around the dungeon by panning across the player view.

Last edited by soulfly; March 29th, 2014 at 06:21 AM. Reason: clarifiation
soulfly is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Jay-Bird

Old April 2nd, 2014, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostromos View Post
Well technically Realm Works is a Virtual TableTop in some ways...I'm just hoping for one tool to manage my games from a high level running/describing the world down to running combat as well. Having to jump between different tools is a pain in the middle of things. I'm fine with making my maps in Photoshop or Campaign Cartographer (I prefer that finite detail) but when a software has a "fog of world" feature and the tutorials show it for a small tower map of "what players can see"...being able to use that in a dungeon crawl would be awesome.

+1 for OP, but also this^^

I have no problem using other products to MANIPULATE maps for creation.I can put my own grid lines on, but if this software could at least DISPLAY a map a little better/easier, it'd be all I need. ie: borderless images, adjustable background colors, etc. as I tend to use VirtualTabletop or Roll20 type stuff to use for display during ACTUAL tabletop sessions.

And yes: I am very aware of the possibility that any perceived shortcomings in RW are my own failings at properly using it.
Jay-Bird is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
FreakFire74

Old January 6th, 2015, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfly View Post
"Map ping" let players and DM click a point on the map to aid in game discussion.

Right click (or any hot key) to drag to move around map; Pan.
+1 for these!!!
FreakFire74 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old January 6th, 2015, 02:32 PM
+1 for this.

The main reason it would be nice to have projected view separate from player view is that they could be used separately. If you truly geek out your table....which I have, you are using the projector to project maps at the table and a flat screen tv on the wall as your player view. This way I can have the map of the area on the table and pictures of the current NPC, or player handout on the wall. Currently it is cumbersome to switch back and forth from player handouts and maps.....especially if you have to move the map so you can see/manipulate what you want to show next. As a result I am currently using Gimp to run my projector and RW to run the TV. It would be a godsend to be able to do both in RW.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old January 6th, 2015, 02:44 PM
I thought I would put up some pictures of my gaming table.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150106_152414.jpg (49.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 20150106_152430.jpg (18.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 20150106_152438.jpg (52.6 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by jkthomsen9; January 6th, 2015 at 03:04 PM.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote