Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AEIOU

Old March 4th, 2017, 11:41 AM
We've had several updates to the backend and client over the last several weeks. We are still on step 1 of the sequence Rob presented. Until the game stopping bugs are resolved, we won't move on to step 2 which may introduce a whole new set of headaches. We'll be getting close I think after the patch that allows deletion/modification of source documents is released.
AEIOU is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Galymyr

Old March 4th, 2017, 12:51 PM
Oops, I found an update. The February newsletter said we should have received the content in step 2 the week of 13 February.

Any indication on the number of game stopping bugs introduced by step 1 and what the resolution status for each is?
Galymyr is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old March 4th, 2017, 04:17 PM
You may have noticed that the world premiere of LWD delivering at the promised date had to be postponed...
But yes, there were a number of new releases so it's probably still in stage 1 of Rob's plan.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old March 4th, 2017, 06:22 PM
I recommend seeking zen master training to develop god-like patience. We've been waiting for the Market and KS materials for years. Smile, breathe, use RW to its fullest today, and know that LWD will release material when it is ready. Dates are ballpark goals at the best.
AEIOU is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
gaffneyks

Old March 4th, 2017, 10:17 PM
I would try to set realistic expectations. Like March of 2018 instead of March of 2017. It will probably be delayed till April of 2018 due to finding a last second bug in the flux capacitor, but we can still hope.
gaffneyks is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old March 5th, 2017, 08:17 AM
They're kind of stuck.
  • Giving a specific date without having a ready-to-release build in-hand is asking for delays and disappointment of the community.
  • "Soon" has worn out its welcome, largely.
  • NOT giving any signs of progress, or indications that release is near, makes people assume it is vaporware and never going to happen.
Silveras is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old March 5th, 2017, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
They're kind of stuck.
  • Giving a specific date without having a ready-to-release build in-hand is asking for delays and disappointment of the community.
  • NOT giving any signs of progress, or indications that release is near, makes people assume it is vaporware and never going to happen.
Well Put Silvaras....

I would only add that we are lead to "believe" that the tasks are "too complex to put a plan to".... which I have stated MANY times on my opinion of that approach... so I will leave that alone.... mostly.

Suffice to say this is a niche program to support a game, not rocket science (which did in fact create a "plan" to go to the moon and back with what, by today's standards of technology, would be equal to a modern coffeepot.). Granted the size of the companies, and budgets differ, but so does the scale of the work....

The reality is LWD are great visionaries (as many have also said) that have a tiger by the tail without a real plan to tame it. So they do the best they can, with the resources at hand, let the cards fall where they may and make corrections where they must when they arise.

We all have wants, needs, desires and wishes.. but the fact is without an economic injection to keep RW solvent (ie the content market) the chances of RW turning into "vaporware" (great wording there BTW) is very real. So even without being said (repeatedly) their "plan" is to get the market viable...

I personally am unlikely to support anything economically from the market. But I do recognize others may have a use for its content, and more importantly, LW need for it..

I don't like it for many reasons,,,, but I don't have to like it to understand the need for it, and for LWD's long term survivability of the program....

So, soon will arrive when it gets here... and when it does, it will no doubt have bugs,be repaired, and the world shall spin on...

Use what you can, where you can, or step away and save yourself .. because in all likelihood.......
"these aren't the realms you're looking for...... move along,,,, move along......."

just my2cp
DLG

Patiently (sort of hehe) waiting the arrival of PC Journals, and CALENDARS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MoveAlongTrooper.jpg (20.4 KB, 132 views)

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old March 5th, 2017, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
They're kind of stuck.
The solution appears to split the community into three forums. When you sign up for a forum account, there's a brief Q&A which will then grant access to the appropriate forum for you:

#1 gets dates that may slip and semi-frequent information.
#2 gets nothing.
#3 gets quarterly updates and time-frames +/- 6 months.
AEIOU is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
dentaa

Old March 6th, 2017, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffneyks View Post
It is probably a positive that they are focusing on Quality instead of rushing to meet a deadline or arbitrary date thrown out there. Too many IT companies just focus on dates and release half-functional products.
As a software developer I can assure you, the best delivery date is "when its ready" but unfortunately clients don't want to hear that. So yes, I give two +1's to the above sentiment. I don't need something that is a headache to use, its supposed to streamline RPGs.. so Rob, please take your time..
dentaa is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old March 6th, 2017, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
The solution appears to split the community into three forums. When you sign up for a forum account, there's a brief Q&A which will then grant access to the appropriate forum for you:

#1 gets dates that may slip and semi-frequent information.
#2 gets nothing.
#3 gets quarterly updates and time-frames +/- 6 months.
Can we have a fourth option?

#4 all news and discussions about future releases and development status are banned.

I want to join that fourth forum.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #30 Reply With Quote