Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Aldaron

Old August 18th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Yes, I said "werewolf paladin"

My son actually has a pretty cool idea for a character in the Wrath of the Righteous AP. His idea is an afflicted werewolf who basically chains himself up - with his friends' assistance - every full moon. The intervening time, he's a paladin, with all the commensurate benefits, etc.

Now, he had this idea a while ago, but with the mythic rules, we're looking at using his mythic tier abilities to become a natural werewolf.

The key question is this: is it possible to take the Divine Bond (weapon) ability of a paladin and apply it to a natural weapon? His idea is that when in werewolf form, he would use the bond on his claws, helping to tear apart demons, basically.

I'm assuming I'd have to create a script of some sort to do this, but I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for where to start?

Cheers,

Al
Aldaron is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 18th, 2013, 05:53 PM
My take is the easiest method is to add my Adjustments addon. To make the weapon "+1" you would select "Weapon Bonus" set the counter to +1 and select the Claws.

Then if you wanted to add the Elemental damage so it displays the +1d6 next to the claws add the "Weapon Elemental Dmg, Custom" adjustment. This if using an iPad will also allow the extra +1d6 damage to get rolled. If its say "Holy" you could setup a 2nd one to be set to "+2d6 Holy" as the this custom adjustments lets you type into a text area making it very easy to customize.

For say keen add the "Weapon: Crit Range" and leave it set at "+1" which will give the claws a "19-20/x2" crit range.

All of these adjustments can be setup once and then simply turned on/off as needed.

Honestly otherwise I am not seeing any easy way at all to get the stuff onto a natural weapon....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aldaron

Old August 18th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
My take is the easiest method is to add my Adjustments addon. To make the weapon "+1" you would select "Weapon Bonus" set the counter to +1 and select the Claws.

Then if you wanted to add the Elemental damage so it displays the +1d6 next to the claws add the "Weapon Elemental Dmg, Custom" adjustment. This if using an iPad will also allow the extra +1d6 damage to get rolled. If its say "Holy" you could setup a 2nd one to be set to "+2d6 Holy" as the this custom adjustments lets you type into a text area making it very easy to customize.

For say keen add the "Weapon: Crit Range" and leave it set at "+1" which will give the claws a "19-20/x2" crit range.

All of these adjustments can be setup once and then simply turned on/off as needed.

Honestly otherwise I am not seeing any easy way at all to get the stuff onto a natural weapon....
I'm thinking you're right, SC. I was having another look, and I just can't see a simple way of doing it.

I will be following your advice!

Thanks.
Aldaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old August 18th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Looks like someone made it home from GenCon....or is just done for the night.

Aldaron,

If you are not starting the WotR campaign right away, Christina Stiles did a Kickstarter about http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/962794554/bite-me-the-gaming-guide-to-lycanthropes?ref=search"Lycans that should be coming out early next year I think.

Last edited by Umarian; August 18th, 2013 at 06:39 PM.
Umarian is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aldaron

Old August 18th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Thanks for that, Umarian...we won't be starting it for a while yet, as I don't like running APs until I have all the episodes (I'm a bit of an AP hacker and like to know the end-point so I can make modifications as I go).

i'll keep an eye on that kickstarter, though.

Incidentally, the link you posted had a typo in it...I've fixed it here.

Bite Me - The Gaming Guide to Lycanthropes
Aldaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old August 19th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Yeah I was having trouble with the copy/paste on the iPad I was using last night. Sorry for the bad link.
Umarian is offline   #6 Reply With Quote