Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Bidmaron

Old August 16th, 2014, 08:44 PM
My most often-used alias is the plural of the noun. It sure would save a lot of time if we had a feature in the alias box where we could check a 'plural' checkbox.

Barring that, how about populating the alias box with the name upon the first entry, and with that fully highlighted. Then, we could either type over it without using any extra keystrokes if we didn't want the plural OR, we could hit the right arrow to get to the end of the name and type 's' (or 'es').
Bidmaron is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
tml

Old August 15th, 2015, 10:18 PM
Agreed, managing the plural forms of nouns is far too cumbersome today, and these ideas would be welcome additions to that need.
tml is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 16th, 2015, 12:13 AM
The problem with plurals is deciding exactly what to put at the end of the noun - and even deciding if the word is a noun or a verb (i.e. whether the word even has a plural).
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 16th, 2015, 05:43 AM
There's also other in and out of game languages to worry about. Who knows how plurals might be constructed?

I like the idea of populating new aliases with a selected copy of the name of the Topic/Article. (I might never train myself out of typing over it, but that's my problem.) LWD does seem to have aliases on their radar as well.

Last edited by Parody; August 16th, 2015 at 05:46 AM.
Parody is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old August 16th, 2015, 07:23 AM
For aliases, I'd really like the ability to define visible versus mechanical. Plurals and shorthand names are mechanical and shouldn't be shown in gray as valid categories even though they should link.

I'm really hoping this item gets tackled at the same time as granularity for player reveals. The two go hand-in-hand and it would be a pretty significant boost in usability for both planning and playing.
AEIOU is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old August 16th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
For aliases, I'd really like the ability to define visible versus mechanical. Plurals and shorthand names are mechanical and shouldn't be shown in gray as valid categories even though they should link.
This. The vast majority of the time that I use aliases it is so that I can link to plural or abbreviated versions of the topic. I don't want them listed as separate topics.

But there are some times where I *do* want the alias to appear in the topic list. For example, if a monster is known by two different names.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 16th, 2015, 10:19 PM
Hiding aliases (for whatever reason) is separate from automatically creating aliases that are plural forms of Topic/Article titles. Hiding them is on their radar already.

Parody is offline   #7 Reply With Quote