Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Silveras

Old December 12th, 2015, 11:38 AM
The latest builds seem to have added a default value to the Birth Date, Marriage Date, and Death Date snippets on Individuals - defaulting to the last game date selected. This means that a number of new, erroneous values are added to the timeline.

Request: either remove the snippets from the category's Auto-Add functionality, or make the default value blank.

Overall, I think these dates will probably only matter only for a few characters in a realm - most will likely not need that level of detail. Even when they do, however, defaulting the last used date will be in error just about 100% of the time.
Silveras is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 12th, 2015, 01:16 PM
I've noticed this too. However the default value in the snippet changes to always be the most recent date - until you go in and set a specific date. So instead of defaulting to a blank field, the "default value" displayed is the most recent game date.
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 12th, 2015, 01:57 PM
It would be nice if we could specify the default action to be current game year, last used game year or user-defined game year so it is easier to identify wrong dates. I've run into this problem several times lately where the date looks "good" at a casual glance because it's not the current game year but it's not accurate.
AEIOU is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old December 12th, 2015, 11:05 PM
I never use the build-in date-snippets.

Too cumbersome and not to mention the wrong calendar system.

Even if it wasn't I wouldn't use it - in it present incarnation.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote