Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

gasguy192

Old August 12th, 2020, 02:45 PM
Hi.
I bought a spellbook, in my gear.

During character creation, for Level 1 Wizard, per the CRB pg 204 I start with my choice of 10 arcane cantrips and five 1st-level arcane spells. That is done, they show in the spellbook.

And then for my daily choices at 1st level, I choose to prepare two 1st level spells and 5 cantrips. That is done. (But I really don't remember how it was done).

Now... how do I switch out spells/cantrips for my daily choices? I can't figure out how software to do this process... am I editing the spellbook? (that doesn't seem right), I have to edit my spellslots... where do I do that?

Thanks for any advice.
gasguy192 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old August 12th, 2020, 03:36 PM
You don't edit the spellbook itself; you only edit that when you're adding spells to it.

Your daily preparation is under My Classes > Wizard > the Wizard Arcane Spellcasting section.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
gasguy192

Old August 13th, 2020, 06:41 AM
Thank you. I see now. In that section for a specific spell I want to replace, I click on the 3-dots, select to delete a spell, and then confirm the delete.

HLO then says 'memorize more spells', so I then hit the + button to get the listing of spells in my spellbook, and select a new spell, and add/close.

OK, I'm ready to try to play a 55 year old 1st level wizard.. first session is next week. whoo-hoo!!
gasguy192 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
deanepuddle

Old August 13th, 2020, 05:40 PM
Piggybacking on this thread because it's in the same realm. When I look at my Wizard spell list, they're not categorized by level, and my Cleric player says their Cleric spells are broken into lists according to level. Is this just a class difference?
deanepuddle is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Hollis
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 14th, 2020, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanepuddle View Post
Piggybacking on this thread because it's in the same realm. When I look at my Wizard spell list, they're not categorized by level, and my Cleric player says their Cleric spells are broken into lists according to level. Is this just a class difference?
It is a class difference. Can you report this to tech support to help us track this issue?
Hollis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote