Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

CMaS3117

Old June 20th, 2010, 10:32 AM
I have a need to create belts and necklaces for my game that are not covered in the core books. I can't find a way to do that.

suggestions?

J.
CMaS3117 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 20th, 2010, 12:17 PM
You will need to use the Editor to create totally custom feats, magic items, and other things. This is included in HL. To start it go to Tools -> Launch Editor....

Once inside you should click on Help->Help using the editor...

Then go through the basic material. Most custom stuff like magic items are going require Scripts. So the best way to learn those is a New(Copy) of magic item that does something similar that you can then modify.

Otherwise if you have specific issues feel free to ask and someone will give help.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
CMaS3117

Old June 21st, 2010, 03:48 AM
Shadow,

Thank you. That's what I needed.

J.
CMaS3117 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CMaS3117

Old June 21st, 2010, 05:53 PM
I'm creating a set of altered elven chain so I started with a copy of Elven Chain, added a +3 bonus to it.

1. When I try to save I get a compile error "Invalid Unique Id" I've given it what I would think would be a unique id. "uiECh3Dr6J"

(Addendum: I get this error when I try to save ANYTHING in the toolset. I went through the first tutorial step by step and got this error when I tried to save.)

2. I need to add damage reduction to it.

Suggestions? I've read through the tutorials three times, and struggling a bit with the toolset.

Thanks,

J.

Last edited by CMaS3117; June 21st, 2010 at 06:09 PM.
CMaS3117 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 21st, 2010, 06:24 PM
Did you copy another thing, other than what you're trying to save? The default Id for a copy is not a valid Id, so remember to delete those once you're done studying them.

Try starting with Dwarven plate, and see how it handles adding a DR (hint: the Bootstraps button and the Eval Scripts button)
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
CMaS3117

Old June 21st, 2010, 06:43 PM
I've both copied a thing (and changed its id) and I've created a new thing from scratch and get the same result both ways.
CMaS3117 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
CMaS3117

Old June 21st, 2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Did you copy another thing, other than what you're trying to save? The default Id for a copy is not a valid Id, so remember to delete those once you're done studying them.

Try starting with Dwarven plate, and see how it handles adding a DR (hint: the Bootstraps button and the Eval Scripts button)
I see how to do it. Getting it to cooperate is another matter.
CMaS3117 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
CMaS3117

Old June 22nd, 2010, 06:18 PM
I have not purchased the authoring kit as an add on package yet, is that what's in the way of me creating the custom items I need?

J.
CMaS3117 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:27 AM
The authoring kit is used for making whole new game systems. The editor is what you need to create custom items in a game system is part of the dataset. So you don't need anything else.

I would go through each tab in the editor looking for something that you copied but didn't change the unique id of. For example you could have done a New(Copy) of a feat it would have been given a f? for its Unique ID. You can't have ? as part of the Unique id.

I say this as the error your getting is when ever I have done a copy to look at something else and never gave it a valid Unique ID.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
modus0

Old June 23rd, 2010, 07:24 PM
Just a quick suggestion, try making your unique id start with an "i".

Looking at the list of magic armor in the editor, all the entries begin with that letter.
modus0 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote