Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

Cynder

Old November 24th, 2018, 05:00 PM
hi there

a simple add to ask if those here with knowledge of the authoring tools for HL are interested in paid work to help convert the game system i have on paper into HL.

i dont want to give away too much of the mechanics and back end out here in the open, but keynotes are:

-it uses a 7dice system, (D4 - D20)
-has a skill points assignment similar to pathfinder (as in you get to pick ranks yourself, not class based)
- only 3 actual "classes" 95% of the customization is user based, with few "class" lockouts.
- only 1 race as yet, will expand so will need a drop down for more.

- needs to have a slot based system for the mechanical units so (left arm, right arm, head, chest, back(=) and each slot needs to have a dropdown that the player can select the equipment inside it

this is both advanced and simple system, i have a few examples of alpha ideas for the system and can provide them at a later date...

im not expecting this to be "quick" but i am expecting this to be "neat" this will need to grow expand and upgrade as the system evolves and grows so the code done MUST BE FLEXIBLE AND CLEAN...

able to be picked up and modified - expanded by the most BASIC level tinkerer

i swear to god if i find to-go statements, shorthand, un-formatted line structure in this imma kill people
Cynder is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 24th, 2018, 05:15 PM
What sort of payment are you thinking? And is it for reach segment of work, is payment only on completion of the system (if ever, since you say it's still being developed)?
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Cynder

Old November 24th, 2018, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
What sort of payment are you thinking? And is it for reach segment of work, is payment only on completion of the system (if ever, since you say it's still being developed)?
hi

thinking of a combination of, as your 100% correct, if payment on completion wouldn't be fair as it will be evolving and changing, so probably a combination of stages and time

as for payment, paypal?
Cynder is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 25th, 2018, 06:33 AM
I suspect you're going to have to establish a price point before anyone will bite, and disclose details of the system before anyone will commit. Fortunately, if you set up a standard contract, it covers all of your bases there. NDA to not disclose details, and a document indicating scope, timeframe, and payment.

So first, how much you're willing to pay, and then, if someone is interested, you send them the rest of the details (optionally, having them sign an NDA), and they decide whether they accept the job.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote