Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Giddoen

Old January 9th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Just wondering if we can get a list of who is rock solid and when we can start seeing some data sets?

I for one bought HL not for the d20 stuff but for other games like L5R or Palladium and so forth.

Heres hoping.

Giddoen

I have faith!...my character sheet says so!
Giddoen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 12th, 2007, 04:32 PM
We'll be announcing licenses as they become official. At this point in time, licenses have been announced for Runequest (Mongoose), World of Darkenss (White Wolf), and Mutants & Masterminds (Green Ronin). We're in discussions with numerous other publishers as well, so you can expect more announcements in the weeks to come.

With respect to timing of other game systems, we're juggling a lot right now, so don't expect any details for at least a few weeks. A license represents an agreement that we will support the game system, but nailing down a release date involves subsequent discussions with the publisher. For example, the publisher has to decide on exactly what material will/won't be included in the data files for that game system. We also need to be provided with all the material that will be supported in a consistent, electronic format that we can use (i.e. we won't be re-typing everything). We also need to pour through all the materials and map out an appropriate design for how the data files will optimally support the game system, which will tell us how much time it will actually take us to write the files. Once we've done all of that, we can THEN announce a date that stands a good chance of being achieved.

We also have to factor in that publishers will be reviewing everything and signing off on it before release. If they don't like something, then we have to re-work it. So we'll also be dependent on the responsiveness of the publisher. Now, they have every reason to fully support us, but changes in key staff or crunch periods at the publisher can cause unforeseen delays.

The bottom line on this is that we could easily give you dates right now. But those dates would be worse that wild-ass guesses. Before we give you dates, we want to make sure that they are dates we believe we can deliver on. I realize that you are eagerly waiting for support of the game systems you are most interested in, but you're just going to have to be patient. While the alternative would make you happy now, I can assure you that you'd be quite UNhappy down the line when we didn't get things done at the time we had promised. So give us a chance to get this all done accurately. :-)

Thanks, Rob

At 04:38 PM 1/9/2007, you wrote:

Quote:
Just wondering if we can get a list of who is rock solid and when we can start seeing some data sets?

I for one bought HL not for the d20 stuff but for other games like L5R or Palladium and so forth.

Heres hoping.

Giddoen
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote