Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

PilgrimJagger

Old July 4th, 2023, 11:20 AM
Hello everyone! I'm PilgrimJagger, a novel writer. Essentially I'm planning on writing a litRPG book, and I needed a tool to keep track of everything. Hence, I bought herolab classic and army builder. Now, I actually don't need anything in particular; a Pathfinder game system or a DnD game system is good. The problem is that there are caps there, and I would like to delete them. This is the main problem, essentially, since the book I plan to write has many planes, and in each of them, it is possible to "ascend," meaning that it is possible to go above the current cap for both levels and attributes. Then there are some other problems.

I would like to understand how to add tabs that I can then fill in the editor essentially.
1) Because I would like to add a minion tab. I can circumvent this by creating more characters, but if there is a minion manager, it would be great.
2) Because I would add subclasses starting from the main classes.
3) I would like to insert some secret stats making it so that the basic ones depend on these.

I know that I need to read the documentation and learn the programming language; the problem is that I understood nothing from the documentation. I didn't give it a deep read, though, so that is understandable, but at first read, I found it very confusing, and there is no tutorial online.

Can someone tell me how to simply do that? I guess that there must be a file in which the caps are stored. If yes, what is it?
PilgrimJagger is offline   #1 Reply With Quote