Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Kendall-DM
Spy

Old December 23rd, 2015, 10:55 AM
I searched for this topic, as I'm sure it has come up before, but was unable to find anything, so forgive me if this has been covered before and I missed it. Is there anyway to remove the old Tag Domains (Local) from a Realm? I can remove some of them, but there are a lingering few that were from previous RW releases that have one tag that cannot be deleted. As a result, I can't get rid of the Tag Domain (Local), even though I'm sure it isn't included in the releases anymore in that form.

For example, there is an old Role (Local) on my Realm, with a Neutral tag that cannot be deleted and is not in use anywhere in my Realm. Same goes for Equipment Type (Local) with an Other tag. Seems these are some default, always needed to be present, legacy tags that are locked out.

Any help here on removing these? Thanks!
Kendall-DM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 23rd, 2015, 11:28 AM
Are they in use in a Category definition?

Wait...you said they're from old releases? As in they were Global once? I wonder if you would need help at that point. Or maybe I'm just confused. :-)

Last edited by Parody; December 23rd, 2015 at 11:36 AM.
Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old December 23rd, 2015, 06:28 PM
At one point they were part of the release, a global tag that I didn't create. Since then it has either been removed as part of the release, or refactored. For example, the Celestial Body is exactly the same, except they added abbreviations to the newer version. I had two versions of Celestial Body, one that has a (Local) following it without abbreviations, and one that was just with abbreviations. Luckily, that one I could remove.

I've checked all the categories and topics, nothing references these in any way. They're just hanging around cluttering my tags.
Kendall-DM is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old December 23rd, 2015, 06:59 PM
Did you skip an update? That is the sort of thing that gets cleaned up in the uopdate process I would think.
kbs666 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 23rd, 2015, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
I've checked all the categories and topics, nothing references these in any way. They're just hanging around cluttering my tags.
Check the snippet types of categories to make sure they aren't referencing any of these domains/tags. I think you will find some categories that have snippet types referencing these tags. Go into Manage Categories and take a look, especially (but not exclusively) the categories that have (Local) as part of their names.
davidp is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old December 24th, 2015, 08:22 AM
I checked all that, but that comment made me think of something I didn't check. I think these are in use in some of the older Categories that I've set as not being Shown. I'll dig through those and I bet I'll find them in use. Stay tuned.

UPDATE: @davidp, As you indicated, it was in my local Category, where it was defaulting to one of those tags, even though they hadn't had any tag selection set up in a Topic. It appears they were things that were added to some Categories sometime during the process, because they still have the original set of snippets in them (not ones I'm using). A bit strange, but tracked down now. Thanks!

NOTE: One other ancillary question. If I add a tag to a standard domain that is part of the RW release, will those added tags get removed from that domain each time there is an update? Some of these domains seem to be missing a few tags I would use, but wouldn't be used for general consumption by the community.

Last edited by Kendall-DM; December 24th, 2015 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Update, and another ?
Kendall-DM is offline   #6 Reply With Quote