Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Quintain

Old April 9th, 2017, 05:08 PM
Shadow:

Was working on mythic again, and I think I've run into a problem with your changes to the Psion.

I was working on the additional discipline mythic ability that gives the discipline abilities in their normal order but doesn't add discipline powers like the primary/secondary discpline abilities do.

I copied your disciplines and removed the class skills and discipline powers and renamed them under the zCommunity tab in my .user file (separate from your new psion class .user file).

In the Additional Discipline ability adds a secondary ability as it should, and the list of secondary discplines comes up. When selected, however, it gives a drop down list and requires a selection of primary/secondary just like if I were adding the dual disciple archetype.

Any ideas on what needs to change? -- Is the zCommunity Psion Disciplines tab in some way tied to this mechanic -- if I made them into normal secondary custom abilities, would this remove that effect?

Edit: Looks like I can't have the abilities listed in the zCommunity tab under PU Psionic Disciplines. They are their own custom abilities. (Answered my own question).

Edit2: Now having some issue trying to link to the discipline powers. Not positive to the syntax, since all the discipline powers no longer have classes tied to them:

~ Give access to Discipline Powers
linkage[table].field[cPsiExpr].text &= "|psiClass.cPsiSeer" -- doesn't work.

Assist? I need this for specific disciplines (Seer, etc).

Last edited by Quintain; April 9th, 2017 at 06:26 PM.
Quintain is offline   #1171 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 10th, 2017, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
Was working on mythic again, and I think I've run into a problem with your changes to the Psion.
No logic has yet been added for Mythic.

What I built is designed to support the rules in UP that was it. If you want to now support some "different" rules that have never been talked about then please provide me with where these rules are (just book and page please). I can try and take a look and add additional logic to support that into the new component type.

Everything we discussed was supporting a Primary and then Secondary disciplines and preventing the need to "duplicate" all the disciplines. Which is done.

Quote:
Edit2: Now having some issue trying to link to the discipline powers. Not positive to the syntax, since all the discipline powers no longer have classes tied to them:

~ Give access to Discipline Powers
linkage[table].field[cPsiExpr].text &= "|psiClass.cPsiSeer" -- doesn't work.

Assist? I need this for specific disciplines (Seer, etc).
This is not true. My notes I posted to github during my commits mention that for backwards compatibility that every Discipline creates a psiClass.? tag. I also talk about this in the Help Text I added in the Editor tab for zCommunity-PU Psion Discipline.

I did remove the cPsiSeer tag from all powers as it didn't serve any purpose anymore.

The logic of the above script is all inside the "Component" now so no reason to duplicate it again on each individual ability. This makes the logic consistent, easy to maintain, and keeps the logic out of the editor.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; April 10th, 2017 at 09:25 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1172 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old April 11th, 2017, 04:15 PM
Ok, thanks.

I found a method of implementing via the ClsAllowPs. power name tag. -- Edit: the ClsAllowPs.PowerId tag doesn't seem to be working as a tertiary ability. There isn't any timing factor in play though. Just added the same tags as the discipline under zCommunity.

I was able to recreate our error though on Choose powers form though.

Have a level of psion added to your character, and on the Psion tab, choose the "Generalist" discipline. Next choose "Use Magic Device". Once that is in place, open the Choose powers form, and you'll get the Syntax error in dynamic 'candidate' tag expression error message. The same applies to the Erudite "discipline".

Last edited by Quintain; April 11th, 2017 at 06:19 PM.
Quintain is offline   #1173 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 11th, 2017, 05:11 PM
Quote:
I was able to recreate our error though on Choose powers form though.

Have a level of psion added to your character, and on the Psion tab, choose the "Generalist" discipline. Next choose "Use Magic Device". Once that is in place, open the Choose powers form, and you'll get the Syntax error in dynamic 'candidate' tag expression error message. The same applies to the Erudite "discipline".
Good catch. I duplicated the issue and have it fixed with the latest commit to GitHub.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; April 17th, 2017 at 03:22 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1174 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old April 11th, 2017, 06:19 PM
It seems your method for adding psionic power tags to the class isn't working when they are a tertiary ability.

The ClsAllowPs.<powerid> method doesn't seem to be working on my newly created mythic ability that is supposed to give access to a disciplines powers.

Ok, I was able to put in the following script to get the powers to show up, but it now gives the dynamic candidate expression error message that we got above:

I got the command from your Ultimate Psionics component.str file and modified it for a specific discipline. (cPsiSeer used to equal "?" in the code)

linkage[table].field[cPsiExpr].text &= "|" & tagids[psiClass.cPsiSeer,"|"]

Any ideas? -- Nevermind. I needed to add a psiClass.cPsiSeer tag and the code you had in your new component.str file surrounding it. It works without getting an error now.

Last edited by Quintain; April 11th, 2017 at 09:52 PM.
Quintain is offline   #1175 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old April 15th, 2017, 03:46 AM
hey shadowchemosh, got question on your adjustment "feat, pre-req valid".
should this adjustment also clear hl validation? i thought it would but that isnt what i'm seeing. i see it clear the pre-req on the feat itself but the validation error stays.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pre-adj.jpg (186.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg after-adj.jpg (217.8 KB, 7 views)
psych777 is offline   #1176 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 15th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psych777 View Post
hey shadowchemosh, got question on your adjustment "feat, pre-req valid".
should this adjustment also clear hl validation? i thought it would but that isnt what i'm seeing. i see it clear the pre-req on the feat itself but the validation error stays.
This is a bug in HL itself. Nothing I can do to fix this. I will report it to LW....

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1177 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old April 16th, 2017, 02:29 AM
alrighty, just wasnt sure if it was meant to be that way or not. i'll just let my gm know : o)
psych777 is offline   #1178 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 17th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Quote:

Any ideas? -- Nevermind. I needed to add a psiClass.cPsiSeer tag and the code you had in your new component.str file surrounding it. It works without getting an error now.
Re-reading this again I have a question. You didn't put this script on your Thing did you?
Code:
If you wanted a specific psiClass.? tag to be used to build the power's expression just assign the tag psiClass.cPsiSeer to the Thing in the editor. The component script already takes any/all psiClass.? tags found on the Thing and uses it to expand the Psion's Class list of allowed powers.

By adding the script logic above again you are causing the tag to be added multiple times into the expression instead of just once.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1179 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old April 17th, 2017, 04:21 PM
Yes, I put it in the same code if-block that you have in your scripts, as I did not know how to call it separately, and I also put the psiClass.cPsiSeer tag in the thing.

I also added the tags of the specific powers via tags (similar to the discipline abilities you built).
Quintain is offline   #1180 Reply With Quote