Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jboweruk

Old February 9th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Don't know how, because it won't let us equip both at all, not a validation error it just plain refuses. How does your tac sgt look? I mean on screen, down the right hands side what options do you have?

Mine shows Boltgun, Bolt pistol, if I deselect them I have 2 lists, one of melee weapons, one of ranged, and then of course 2 options for Chainsword at the top of those last 2 lists. If I select for example 'Power Sword' all but one of the Chainswords becomes greyed out and disabled.
jboweruk is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 10th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Ok using Blood Angels as my chapter.
X Infantry
Blank Bolt Pistol
Blank Boltgun
+1 Plasma Pistol
+1 Power Sword

x Frag Grenades
x Krak Grenades
x Power Armor

Working on Twilight 2000 4e HL System
cryptoknight is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old February 10th, 2014, 03:38 PM
heck I can check 2 Chainswords or powerswords if I want to. and I don't get a validation error for it.
Attached Images
File Type: png Sergeant.png (299.9 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by cryptoknight; February 10th, 2014 at 03:40 PM. Reason: added attachment
cryptoknight is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
jboweruk

Old February 12th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Ah, you will then, Blood Angels aren't a Codex chapter. Try Ultras or Space Marines instead. That is where the issue lies as they are a different codex.

And by the way, I wouldn't expect to see any updates too quickly, one of the maintainers has quit, and from what he said the other 2 aren't far behind.
jboweruk is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old February 12th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboweruk View Post
And by the way, I wouldn't expect to see any updates too quickly, one of the maintainers has quit, and from what he said the other 2 aren't far behind.
Misquoted.

I said I stepped down and was unaware of the intentions of the other 2. I know for fact one is still working on the files, but his focus is not SM, he happens to be working on the Nids.

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
jboweruk

Old February 13th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Sorry, sounded like you thought they were considering it too....
jboweruk is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old February 13th, 2014, 12:41 PM
It doesn't look to hard to modify.... but I then noticed that unlike herolab I don't have the option to create a thing that overrides a thing... or at least not that I saw. Sad really... makes me wonder if I screwed up buying Armybuilder since I bought it solely for 40k

cryptoknight is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old February 13th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Army builder is a very robust tool and not as simple as many people first assume. I suggest taking a look at the a creator demo for how to edit files using the test files provided to get a basic foundation before trying to edit the 40k files. The 40k files use a lot of processing and options that many other games simply do not need.

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Kloud13

Old February 24th, 2014, 08:52 PM
THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU

Thank you for making this change for us.

I wish I could better extend my gratitude in a way that would actually reward the Data File authors. Not just for this change, but for all the work those guys do to make my Hobby so much better.

Thank-You!!!

P.S. Could you make the same change on the Iron Hand file? Luv ya.
Kloud13 is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Harkan_again

Old February 25th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlong05 View Post
Army builder is a very robust tool and not as simple as many people first assume. I suggest taking a look at the a creator demo for how to edit files using the test files provided to get a basic foundation before trying to edit the 40k files. The 40k files use a lot of processing and options that many other games simply do not need.

I'm not trying to jump in on the topic matter as I quit 40k a long while back for a range of reasons - I just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear JLong has dropped out of the AB40k maintainers. It is a thankless task with some thanks but frequent complaints that at times become downright abusive (please don't jump down my neck this isn't aimed at anyone on here). The 40k files take a whole lot of work and despite people being reminded that the authors do it for free in their own time they get harangued and hassled over the usual GW word splitting/poor phrasing.

Sorry to hear the new JLong, I hope you stay working on other AB files as it would be a great loss if you dropped off completely (trust me, it pulls ya back again!!)

My own Warlord Games gallery and the home of the Warlord Games datafiles:

http://www.facebook.com/ABDataFileWarlordGames
Harkan_again is offline   #40 Reply With Quote