Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sendric

Old February 17th, 2011, 04:42 AM
Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the problem which tells me that there isn't anything wrong with the file itself. I did come across several "duplicate ID" errors (I sent you the list in an email). I assume these are items found in the user files Shadow compiled for us.

You might consider re-installing HL. Or removing any other .user files you may have. The error with Illiteracy doesn't seem to be caused by your file, so its either something within the environment of your HL, or another custom file is stomping on it. At least, that's my guess.

Update: Actually, I do see the error with no Literacy in the Skills tab. I'll play around with that some.

Update2: Ok, fixed that problem. Add this to the eval script of your Class Level and Literacy will show up in your skill tab:

Code:
First ; 400

~ We're illiterate
      perform hero.assign[Hero.Illiterate]
What's happening here is that when you copy the Class, it creates a new Class Level, but it doesn't copy the Class Level, so anything additional (such as this eval script) won't show up. Something to keep in mind with any other classes you are making.

Last edited by Sendric; February 17th, 2011 at 05:16 AM.
Sendric is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 17th, 2011, 05:14 AM
One thing I don't get is why the Barbarian's abilities don't show up on the Barbarian tab with the new class. I have the same problem when I do it, so its not unique to your file. I don't see anything different between the new class and the old, so I don't know why it wouldn't show up. Maybe that's something the developers can answer.

Edit: Apparently this is because the selected class abilities use the original Barbarian class as the "Source". I'm not sure if there's an easier way to fix this other than duplicating all the class abilities. IMHO, it's probably not worth taking the time to do that.

Last edited by Sendric; February 17th, 2011 at 06:10 AM.
Sendric is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 17th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Have you considered using a Class Variant to modify the skills? I didn't look closely at everything you were doing, but I made a quick class variant that uses the same Eval Script you put in your Barbarian class. Once you select "Use Variant Class" in the Configure Hero tab, it seems to work just fine. I see two downsides to this:

1) It creates a Variant Classes tab in the character portfolio. Not sure if you care about that.

2) There seems to be a bug in the editor that doesn't allow you to select - None - for Will Save Override so you will have to be careful about selecting the appropriate will save for any class you want to use the variant for.

The upside to this is you make one Variant, then duplicate it for each class, and make the necessary changes (ID, Class to modify and Will save override) and you're done. Also, it retains all the class abilities in the class tab, resolving the issue from above.

Last edited by Sendric; February 17th, 2011 at 06:23 AM.
Sendric is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 17th, 2011, 07:06 AM
It makes sense about the Class Level tab, it didn't even occur to me to look there and see if something else was attached to the originals. I'd be willing to bet that would clear up the Bard issue I was having that I was able to fix. As for the Class Variant stuff, I thought about that, but there were some issues with that. I'd still have to code for each individual class unfortunately, even for the variants. To me that's six in one hand, half a dozen in the other, since the script for the skills differ from class to class (and Rogue doesn't need the script, but then I wholely re-wrote Rogue for my game). Anyways, thanks for the help, and I'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED! Thanks Sendric, I feel stupid for not looking at the Class Level stuff, but the Editor was pretty much doing that for me, and I thought it WAS copying everything there as well. Good catch!

Last edited by Kendall-DM; February 17th, 2011 at 07:17 AM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 17th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Ah. I didn't realize the scripts would be different. Fair enough.

Glad I could help.
Sendric is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 17th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I want to do some tricky things with Clerical Domains, as they work a little differently in my campaign. Domains are kind of an odd animal to deal with so I need to ask about these.

Is there a way to "gray" domains in the domain selection list?

Is there a way to query if a domain has been selected, specific and just in general?

Is there a way to query how many domains have been selected?
Kendall-DM is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 17th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Is there a way to "gray" domains in the domain selection list?
Yes. Create a pre-requisite. Some domains are already like that (like Chaos).

As for your other two questions you may need to be more specific, but I imagine that both are possible. HL knows when you have 2 and knows which ones you have, so I don't see any reason you couldn't query those.
Sendric is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 17th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Well, I got my domain pathing to partially work. I still need to know how to tell if a domain has been selected. Is there a way that can be done? I've got the regular domains according to the srd, but also my own diety specific domains as well. Every character chooses a diety specific domain, then one of that diety's srd domains (for the 2 total). Right now it's set up that only the diety specific domains are highlighted for the first choice, then after that choice, only the domains offered by that diety are highlighted. Only problem is, all the other diety specific domains are also highlighted, and I want them to be un-highlighted as soon as one of the diety specific domains is chosen. Right now, that means checking if even a single domain has been chosen. Any ideas?
Kendall-DM is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 17th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Ok, got it pathing correctly. Thank you Mathias. I could have had this solved a couple hours ago if I only remembered to put hero in front of the tagcount. There is an issue, a bug I would call it. I'll put it in the bugs for d20, but worth mentioning here. The reason my Domain. tags weren't showing up in my version is, I was using my newly created domains (that I built up from scratch) and now I notice that they are not automatically assigned to the Domain group upon creation. I had to do that manually.
Kendall-DM is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 17th, 2011, 04:54 PM
It looks as though domains may have originally been created before the identity tags mechanism was added to Hero Lab, so unfortunately, each new domain needs to have a new tag designated manually. That can't be done automatically, and they can't be retrofitted to use a proper identity tag without breaking all the existing code dealing with domains. Sorry about that, but I'm afraid its something that the d20 files are locked into now.
Mathias is offline   #100 Reply With Quote