Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Philo Pharynx

Old April 16th, 2024, 03:49 AM
This is an awful change. It disrupts my entire flow. Everything takes extra effort. Extra steps when you have to open up bad guys to apply effects to them really slows things down and makes me spend time dealing with the damn tool instead of the work.

It's also worse as a player. I used to be able to quickly see my ally's hp. Now that's gone. It takes several clicks to do this.

I have a hard time seeing the possibility of anybody who benefits from this. Perhaps somebody running the game from a tablet in a moving car who had a problem with opening characters and monsters accidentally?

At this point, I'm considering using the tools available on foundry or just going to google docs and pathbuilder. What's the point in supporting a paid program if it doesn't actually serve my needs better than things that don't require a subscription?

I'm probably going to finish out the campaigns I'm in, but if this is the direction HLO is moving, I won't be buying new content or starting anything new in there. I regret the money I've put in already.
Philo Pharynx is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
subourbonite

Old April 16th, 2024, 04:09 PM
I agree. It shows some promise, but as it exists right now, the workflow is significantly worse than it was prior to these changes.
subourbonite is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 19th, 2024, 09:16 AM
What's your workflow for applying effects? It was intended to be the same number of steps or fewer. Can you provide a screenshot of what's causing the extra step?

As a player, you should still be able to see ally HP. Not being able to sounds like a bug. Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing here too?

Last edited by Joe; April 19th, 2024 at 10:01 AM.
Joe is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
subourbonite

Old April 19th, 2024, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
What's your workflow for applying effects? It was intended to be the same number of steps or fewer. Can you provide a screenshot of what's causing the extra step?

As a player, you should still be able to see ally HP. Not being able to sounds like a bug. Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing here too?
It's an extra click to get to the side panel to manage conditions for each character. Now, you have to either click to open the side panel every time, or click and then open the Modifications tab.

Previously, I was able to open the side panel, and then swap between characters in the side panel with a single click.
subourbonite is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 19th, 2024, 12:28 PM
Ok, that's helpful feedback. I should be able to make a change that will eliminate that extra click. We do have one additional feature coming that should also make it easier to access conditions specifically, but it didn't quite make it into the release. So I think we can get this particular issue sorted out.

Now I just need some additional info on the ally HP issue.
Joe is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
subourbonite

Old April 20th, 2024, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Ok, that's helpful feedback. I should be able to make a change that will eliminate that extra click. We do have one additional feature coming that should also make it easier to access conditions specifically, but it didn't quite make it into the release. So I think we can get this particular issue sorted out.

Now I just need some additional info on the ally HP issue.
Great news, thanks! I unfortunately have no insight into what the issue is with player-side ally HP visibility.
subourbonite is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Philo Pharynx

Old April 20th, 2024, 05:36 PM
I keep the stage on the side and use th e main window for whoever is active. I used to be able to just lick and bring them up. Now I need to target the ey and then click open in main panel. It's an extra step.

As a player, I used to be able to click on the stage and see the basics of the character, including HP. Now, once again, it's an extra click.

It's annoying to have an update that adds steps.
Philo Pharynx is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
subourbonite

Old April 21st, 2024, 07:08 AM
Another annoyance is that every creature added to an encounter defaults to "neutral" now, when 99% of the time, I am adding hostile creatures to encounters.
subourbonite is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM
OK it sounds like the updates we have planned should alleviate the player issue as well. And I've added a ticket for us to look at the default allegiance for encounter NPCs. Thanks for the feedback!
Joe is offline   #9 Reply With Quote