Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 20th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
What about just doing a "Renegade Red Wizard Class" which is a modified Mage class?
That's a possibility, but then we have to prevent it from picking a theme since it's a combined theme and class
cryptoknight is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old December 22nd, 2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptoknight View Post
Ok I've figured out how to calculate the incrementing +2 bonus that some powers have based on level.

Code:
var levelbonus as number
levelbonus = 2*(1 + round(hero.tagvalue[Level.?]/10,0,-1))
But I can't seem to assign it to the field pwAtkMod

I'd think it would be

fields.pwAtkMod=levelbonus

but that isn't it.
If you are still looking of how to do this, this works like this:

- Do an Eval Script with Priority 1000 for Phase Traits
- Use this script:

var bonus as number
bonus = (1 + round(hero.tagvalue[Level.?]/10,0,-1))
foreach pick in hero from Power
perform eachpick.field[pwAtkMod].modify[+,bonus,""]
nexteach

(or if you only want it to apply for certain powers or even one power, you need to do the foreach-loop differently)

- Select the Timing's of

* After: Calc attrBonus
* Before: Power attack final

This worked for me ;-)

MagicSN
MagicSN is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old January 1st, 2013, 02:13 PM
Trying to do the Yakuza.

at level 10 the Yakuza gets +2 to Streetwise. And then picks either bluff or Intimidate for another +2 bonus.

I'm having trouble thinking my way through how to get the power to see what the value of the dropdown is.
cryptoknight is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old January 1st, 2013, 02:26 PM
In either case... we've got 100 themes up on the site. There's only 108 themes in the compendium at this point. The remaining themes are almost certainly all Dark Sun themes as I don't play Darksun, and LFR doesn't support Dark Sun themes. I've made a few themes that are also not allowed by LFR, but that was because I missed the fact on those.

If somebody wants to fix the themes I have problems with (any with scaling attack bonuses like above), or fix the Yakuza or other themes that are currently 80% or so correct, please do. Post your fix to the forum post on my side used for tracking the theme upload, or if it lets you after you register an account, upload over my file.

This is about getting themes working in HL. I won't claim I've done a bang up job, but I think I've done something like 90 of the 100 themes we have up there.
cryptoknight is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old January 6th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptoknight View Post
This is about getting themes working in HL. I won't claim I've done a bang up job, but I think I've done something like 90 of the 100 themes we have up there.
I also did some of them ^^

Anyways, I will also look at the missing ones, though I currently was more concentratring on bugfixes. Sometimes I wonder how some of the stuff came through testing (for example Wand Expertise was a copy of Implement Expertise with hardcoding the Implement to "Wand", but they forgot to remove the test "is the selected Implement option correct" which made Wand Expertise non-functional, as it was always set to wand.

@cryptoknight: Do you have a list of the open issues of the ones you call "80% working themes"? So people can check what is not working?

Thanks for all the work you did, anyways, you did really most of the work on the themes!

What I really would love would be a reply from the wolflair people. I told them of many "integral" bugfixes you or myselves did, also about the work on themes. But neither any reply if this will be integrated in future versions nor when the next 4e release would be expected. But maybe the support email address was the wrong one?
MagicSN is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
Fox Lee

Old January 7th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Fantastic work, guys! I was dreading having to manually input all these themes from the Compendium, and then I find it's almost entirely done. Y'all are great, thank you for sharing

Fox Lee, The Art Gremblin
Invincible Ink - Original indie tabletop games on demand
The Square Fireball - Where it's 4th Edition Forever
Skies of Escarnum - Inclusive anime-flavoured 4e campaign world
HeroLab 4e patch contributor
Fox Lee is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old January 7th, 2013, 02:51 AM
Most of the problem themes I have are forums posts here in this thread.

Yakuza - the selection list to pick the second skill is one example.

Getting the scaling bonus to work nicely is another.
cryptoknight is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old January 7th, 2013, 05:49 AM
The Renegade Red Wizard is another one. That one effectively changes how the mage class works, and I had no clue how to handle it.

I liked the idea of creating a new class, but then you have to block it from being able to select a theme, which also left me stumped.
cryptoknight is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old January 8th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Quote:
I also did some of them ^^
I didn't mean to imply you didn't... and I'm probably off... I know I did at least 75 of them though

Quote:
What I really would love would be a reply from the wolflair people. I told them of many "integral" bugfixes you or myselves did, also about the work on themes. But neither any reply if this will be integrated in future versions nor when the next 4e release would be expected. But maybe the support email address was the wrong one?

I agree... I'm convinced they aren't going to put any more effort into fixing the compendium downloader. Eventually it won't work and we'll be stuck keeping a full copy of the rule set on some server somewhere so that we can still play 4e.
cryptoknight is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
Krim_Haneth

Old January 19th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Thank you for creating this patch! It works really well.

I have one request, I play Dark Sun and I need Athasian Minstrel, and I have absolutely no clue on how to make these themes. I read the instructions but....
Krim_Haneth is offline   #100 Reply With Quote