Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hanzeo

Old July 26th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Ok so i am playing a an evil campaign and there is a tournament among the wizards in the party to establish rank(basically its a pissing contest my character had no choice but to get involved in). What i am looking for is some tips on fighting other wizards as a wizard i am still very new to pathfinder and would some basic tips.

The setting and rules for the combat are, No summoned monsters, no outside help, no fighting other than spells(like bows and stuff). Along with if u teleport out of the arena u instantaneously lose but if u are teleported out of the arena u have 10 mins to get back, Oh and the players have 5 rounds where they can set up spells on them self's then they start 100 feet away from one and other.

So recap what i need is spells that will help me kill a wizard, spells the will protect me agents one, and spells that will me to soften a wizard if i cant him him for some reason. plz and ty

Ps: This is in pathfinder 3.5
Pps: Is disintegrate now a 7th level spell?
Hanzeo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 26th, 2012, 06:43 AM
I think it would help if we knew what level your wizard was, his specialty, forbidden schools, etc. That said, anything that dispels magic would be good to have. A wall of force or something like it could help, too, by blocking some spells (it also blocks yours so keep that in mind). Any damaging spells that require Fort or Ref saves would be good to have. I might try using area spells since its likely they will defend themselves against targeted attacks.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Hanzeo

Old July 26th, 2012, 10:12 AM
The main fight i am worried about is a wizard of my level which is 14, We are both Universalist.
Hanzeo is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 26th, 2012, 10:20 AM
The purpose of this forum is to discuss how the Hero Lab program implements the Pathfinder RPG. There are other forums (Paizo's, for example) that are better suited to a discussion of in-game strategy, and we'd appreciate it if you could move this discussion to one of those.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote