Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Homer S
Volunteer Data File Author

Old January 20th, 2010, 02:25 PM
I found how to change a child unit's sizes when added as a link via an option (sizescript). My question is can you point me to some sample code of how to set a parent unit's sizes via an option? Note that the unit will have to exist in the same list default and changed, so overrides and global tags are out (unless someone knows how).

Thanks!
Homer
Homer S is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 2nd, 2010, 05:10 PM
I don't think there's a way to change a parent unit's size, just that of a child unit. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? It's possible we can figure out some way of doing what you need.
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
shaggai

Old February 2nd, 2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
I don't think there's a way to change a parent unit's size, just that of a child unit. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? It's possible we can figure out some way of doing what you need.
I believe the goal was to try an simulate something from the new Tyranid list. A certain model can actually spawn other entirely dissimilar models in the game. Homer was trying to figure out a way that these spawn models, which are of course one of the possible units you can normally take for your list, could be added into the roster as a reference. So that the basic stats could be displayed as a unit, but the unit would need a model size of zero as it is only for information - it should not add models to the list nor should it be considered for composition and the like.

Or in perhaps clearer language he wanted to have a unit add another unit into the roster but with a size of 0 which could not be modified or count for composition although the unit could nominally be taken outside of this one unit.
shaggai is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 2nd, 2010, 06:03 PM
Can you have an assortment of child units with model counts of zero beneath the spawning model? Then you could add a global tag for each of the units when it is *not* a child unit. The option that attaches the child unit would disable itself if the global tag is present. The net result is that all the potentially spawned units would be listed beneath the spawner, except if that unit already existed in the roster as a top-level unit.

Just thinking out load here. I'm not sure if this would fly, but it could be a viable solution.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 2nd, 2010, 06:21 PM
Check the Necron list, and see how the tomb spiders add the stat line for a scarab swarm.
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
shaggai

Old February 2nd, 2010, 06:39 PM
Let me be the first to utter the famous "D'oh!"...
shaggai is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Homer S

Old February 2nd, 2010, 07:49 PM
D'oh! You took my line!

I did the line addition, that is changing a child's size. I suspect I just reinvented the Necron's wheel on that one...

Unfortunately, I forgot the original situation I was asking about. It might have had something to do with an Apoc formation. I'll have to think about it again.

Homer
Homer S is offline   #7 Reply With Quote