Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

chiefweasel

Old February 3rd, 2012, 06:39 AM
Hey there, just ran into a bit of a problem and wasn't sure what to do about it. When I joined the Mac beta a few weeks back I had to enter in my license code for the Mac vernon. Not thinking, it was the same code that I used for my PC. I was sort of under the impression that the Mac versions did not require a license at the moment since it was still in beta.

The problem that I have run into is; that when i made an update to my PC my license was locked out and it is in demo mode. This would be fine as I want to swap to my Mac anyways, but the Mac does not yet have all the features working and development on it for the editor has still has some serious problems, making it very difficult at best to create user files on the Mac. Because of this I have not been able to do any demo videos or create any new user files on the PC or the Mac.

Is there any way to resolve this so that my Mac license doesn't taKe over my PC license? At the moment I am sort of stuck. Thanks.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 3rd, 2012, 07:04 AM
Do you still have your secondary license available for use? If so, you can use that to license your PC copy while keeping your Mac as the copy that's using your primary license.

License Menu...Obtain Secondary License
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old February 4th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Sorry, no. My secondary license is in use on my netbook.

For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 15th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Hey chiefweasel, email me at colen@wolflair.com and we'll get this figured out if it hasn't been already. Thanks!
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old February 16th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Thx Colen. I think I have come up with a solution though. I am going to need to shuffle my licesnes around a bit and just pull the one i use off of my netbook. it looks like the one i pulled from my PC to my Mac will need to be replaced with the one from the netbook. I hadnt thought about it before, but RW will need a PC to run on, so i am back to the PC for RW and HL.

If i do run into any problems though, i'll let you know. thanks.

chiefweasel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ketjak

Old February 20th, 2012, 09:24 PM
I just wrote to Colen; I either didn't read the directions or they weren't clear and entered my primary license in my Mac beta - which I was confused about because it also seemed like the Mac install had some sort of special license issued for existing users. I don't want to use my primary license for the beta test, nor do I want to request a secondary for the sole purpose of using it as a beta key.

So, eh, I asked how I can get my primary license back on my PC since Super Power Companion is also there and I'm prepping for two SW games (one earlier than the other...).

Thanks.

- Ket
ketjak is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old February 21st, 2012, 04:54 AM
To get ot back on the PC you could jsut enter the same license code back on the PC and re-activate it. It will lock you out though saying that you cant activate the same license twice within in 120 days. But if you send an email to LW support they will be able to correct that for you. The whole process might take a few days though, just so you know.

Then of course your Mac will not have a valid code on it.

I fixed my problem by pulling the license code i was using on mt netbook and used it for my PC. So i dropped one of my systems. Now I just wish the editor for the Mac was up to the same level as the editor for the PC. then i could get back to doing some coding.

chiefweasel is offline   #7 Reply With Quote