Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Korwin

Old February 18th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Yes or No?

If yes, how do I get an Ally with an Force greater than one? (After character generation)
At ally creation, I could create an Force 1 Ally and advance the Ally spirit afterwards, at double the creation costs.

I was able to create an higher Force Ally spirit in character creation mode, but the Karma cost was funky.
I suppose I could calculate the cost for the spirit manually...
Korwin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 26th, 2013, 09:17 AM
The "Increase Attribute" advancement on the Ally Spirit's Advances tab is the way to increase the spirit's Force attribute.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Korwin

Old February 26th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Quote:
and advance the Ally spirit afterwards, at double the creation costs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The "Increase Attribute" advancement on the Ally Spirit's Advances tab is the way to increase the spirit's Force attribute.
If I want to create an Force 4 Ally spirit it should cost (4x8) = 32 Karma
If I use Increase Attribute at the advancement tab on the Ally spirit every advancement shows up as costing 16 points (thats the correct cost for increasing the force of the ally after the initial creation).

But there is another problem, the ally spirit created in this fashion (initial creation at Force 1, then increasing to force 4) should cost 8 + (16 x 3) = 56 Karma.
But HeroLab says the costs are: 200 Karma.

If I add another Increase Attribute Force, it cost an additionall 96 Karma.

My wild assed guess is, the automatically increased Attributes (str, agi, etc.) cost Karma.

Screenshots:

Edit: Did an official bug report, but linked to this thread for the screenshots.

An third point: There is (I think) Errata which allows Possesion Spirits as Ally Spirit (in my German book its allready in print). Currently only Inhatiation or Materalisation is possible in HeroLab. (At least with the test PC, with Vodoo tradition)

Last edited by Korwin; February 26th, 2013 at 10:39 AM.
Korwin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 26th, 2013, 10:34 AM
What advancements have you added to your main character? How much do they cost? Since the karma for an ally spirit comes from its master, what's being reported for the ally spirit isn't only its own advances - it's reporting the total spent and available for all advancements on the master, including the cost of the ally spirit.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Korwin

Old February 26th, 2013, 10:49 AM
After Char. Generation and Changing into the looked Mode:

Adding the Ally Spirit:

Changing the Force 1 Ally Spirit into an Force 2

Force 2 Ally Spirit for 56 Karma:
Korwin is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 26th, 2013, 11:56 AM
I think I'll need to see the character for this one.

I do see your entry in the bug reporting system, which means you should have gotten an automated reply from it, right? Go ahead and reply to that email with the saved character, and I'll take a look at what's going on.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
Korwin

Old February 26th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Mail is on the way.
I did an test with an BP Char. Generation. There it worked (well, the create an Force 1 ally, then spend double points to get it to an Force >1).
And an Version of the first, but with the Initiation after the Char. Generation, there I got the same ridiculus amount of Karma for an Force 2 Ally spirit.

Edit:
First Char. = "Valentino.por"
BP-Build = "Allytest 2.por"
Last one = "Valentino Initiation after Char.Gen.por"
Korwin is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 26th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Thank you for reporting this and for sending the characters. There's something going wrong here, and I'm adding this issue to my to-do list (I've got a few other things to do today, and will have to figure out exactly what the problem is later on).
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
Korwin

Old March 4th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Small update:
Tried to change the cost of the Ally Spirit with "Advancement Karma Cost" in the Personal Tab.
With that I can increase the cost of the Ally Spirit, but not decrease it.
Korwin is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
DrunkZombie

Old January 15th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Any movement on this being fixed? Currently you can only create an Ally Spirit at force 1 and then pay 8 x next level to increase the force one level at a time. It should just be 8 x force one time.
DrunkZombie is offline   #10 Reply With Quote