Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

AndrewD2

Old June 26th, 2017, 06:41 PM
I know we can make custom outputs for "Save Custom Output". But what about doing new formatting options for "Output Hero Statblock"? For example if we wanted to add Markdown output to our system.
AndrewD2 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 26th, 2017, 07:44 PM
You can change the output options in the Statblock by modifying the out_statblock.dat file in the datafiles.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old June 26th, 2017, 09:29 PM
I should be more specific. I want to define an additional style for this. Between the program files defaults folder and all the style options in the game system folder, I cannot find anything that identifies the styles used in the out_statblock file.

styles="plain+html+bbcode+wikitext+print"

Should be around line 157 of the out_statblock.dat file.
AndrewD2 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 26th, 2017, 09:56 PM
Have you looked in the Styles_output file? There are two styles files in the authoring kit. Styles_UI is used for the User Interface, while the output folder is for defining styles used for output on sheets and statblocks.

The statblock stuff is added by things like @boldon and @italicson, so if you need that kind of style information, I probably can't help you. Though you could check on output for xml and see what options that search gives you. You might find something by looking at standard xml output language.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old June 27th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Yep looked in all that. Which I mentioned in the previous post.
AndrewD2 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 27th, 2017, 09:22 AM
styles="plain+html+bbcode+wikitext+print" is saying which of the tabs to show along the top of the statblock format - each of those tabs is defined by the program, not the data files, and the same set of options is available in all data files.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old June 27th, 2017, 09:46 AM
Alright so the answer is no I cannot create a new format. Thanks.
AndrewD2 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote