Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Inglorin

Old April 28th, 2018, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
NO. I'm as frustrated as anyone and LWD's inability to integrate with PAizo when others have is extremely aggravating but there are too many people on both sides who, NDA's or no NDA's would gossip if LWD was telling lies, for LWD to ever risk such a thing.
Maybe one should start asking on Paizo's forum when the hold up is going to go away. Do they even know that there is a whole group of their players waiting for some software from them? Player's that even would pay for this product?
Inglorin is offline   #381 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old April 30th, 2018, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglorin View Post
Maybe one should start asking on Paizo's forum when the hold up is going to go away. Do they even know that there is a whole group of their players waiting for some software from them? Player's that even would pay for this product?
Or ask id Paizo is the reason for the delays, why have we not seen any other features? we have seen almost nothing NADA, ZIPPO, ZERO.

Hell have not seen an update for months, and I have an issue to be fixed....

Feeling like my Windows phone is better supported lol.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #382 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 30th, 2018, 02:18 PM
You absolutely have the right to be skeptical, all I can tell you is the truth is that we are prevented from launch due to an API issue that we've been requesting be fixed for an incredibly long time.

Sadly, other companies have different needs than our own and Paizo has been understandably busy with their new edition and recent website redesign so they haven't had time to address our needs as they thought they would. We haven't provided any new features as our Realm Works dev focus, other than a few bugs and fighting to get Kickstarter content functional, has been on figuring out how to work around this roadblock and get the Content Market out so we can move forward.

On a more positive note, we just hired a new Realm Works developer who started today. He and Rob will be exploring other paths to keeping our commitments and getting the Content Market launched. Hopefully, together, they can finally help us get past this.

Last edited by BJ; April 30th, 2018 at 02:20 PM.
BJ is offline   #383 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old April 30th, 2018, 02:25 PM
The Fantasy Grounds and Paizo store linking did have a slight delay as I recall it took I think a month or two to get that done and it was mostly because of waiting for Paizo.

If your wondering FG has a lot of Paizo, the data entering for FG isn't as bad time wise as with Realm Works. And, a lot of the entry tends to get done by active FG users who are willing to help with module entry so an "Official" version is available. And more people are doing that now than a few months ago. A module/book can also get done in less than a day if the user knows what they are doing in many cases. For Realm Works that same module could take weeks depending on how it is being done.

Plus you had "unofficial" versions of modules that were done just for individuals campaigns that people were running on FG with the SRD which makes updating that to an official version a lot easier.

Lone Wolf Really needs to just get the market open in some form and start releasing what they can while they wait for Paizo as they have a good bit of non-Paizo stuff people want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharmiones View Post
To be perfectly honest:
My opinion is that this Paizo issue is on Paizo side and they have to work around it is just an outright lie. I honestly doubted that since the first announcement because the same to be used mechanism is already working with Fantasy Grounds as far as I can tell. So why the heck should it work for one company but not the other.

LWD just does not do anything anymore for RW as far as I can tell. No updates nothing at all.
I've given up on RW now. I've used it for some time to enter data from the Paizo AP I was running for my players however I've stopped doing so. I simply do not have the time to actually do that myself so I would gladly pay if it was done from someone else and ready to go. But this constant delay because of, whatever reason the might have come up in the past or may come up in the future: I simply do no longer care I made up my mind that they are just bull shit.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #384 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old April 30th, 2018, 07:47 PM
LWD replied now and now everyone should chew up the answer - Just wait now and see if there is something now. Honestly, I think everything has been said what can be said about this subject. All that remains would be rants, ventings and conspiracy theories

Let's see when things will be pushed forward.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #385 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old May 1st, 2018, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
LWD replied now and now everyone should chew up the answer - Just wait now and see if there is something now. Honestly, I think everything has been said what can be said about this subject. All that remains would be rants, ventings and conspiracy theories

Let's see when things will be pushed forward.
True, but we have heard LWD replies for years.....years...and nothing has moved really forward. Not even features? Never have I seen a project hold all other aspects of the work, for a single item like this.

Rants, and ventings have long ago degraded to simple absolute disappointment.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #386 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old May 1st, 2018, 08:30 AM
It seems to me that if there is a system that works for FG the thing to do is hook into that system rather than to wait for the clearly disinterested/inept people at Paizo to deal with whatever problems may or may not exist at their end.

I'm tired of defending this situation. LWD does not want this to go the way of Robotech Tactics.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #387 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old May 1st, 2018, 08:59 AM
Quote:
It seems to me that if there is a system that works for FG the thing to do is hook into that system rather than to wait for the clearly disinterested/inept people at Paizo to deal with whatever problems may or may not exist at their end.

I'm tired of defending this situation. LWD does not want this to go the way of Robotech Tactics.
After a long time in IT, I can say that just because one company can connect or share data, doesn't mean that another company can "do the same" easily and definitely can't just "hook into someone else's solution". I'm not defending LW or RW here, just reflecting on what I've seen on the job (as the network guy specializing in firewalls and VPN connectivity between companies) . I'm stunned though that it's gone on this long, since everyone in a mid-sized to larger company would have been fired or the consultants tossed out the door if connections failed to firm up after a week to a month - not 2 years past the projection of 2016.
dungeonguru is offline   #388 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 1st, 2018, 09:28 AM
Quote:

Unfortunately, our systems are quite different and it just doesn't work that way. I've had chats with Doug over at Fantasy Grounds about this very subject in recent months and what works for them simply doesn't work for us. I suspect, with the help of new hires, we will find another solution.
BJ is offline   #389 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old May 1st, 2018, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
I suspect, with the help of new hires, we will find another solution.
Hopefully it'll work out, though we should all keep our expectations in check. (If nothing else, it's hard to escape Brooks' Law.)

As far as Paizo goes, remember that it's their revamped IT team that came up with the new website that's still messed up in many places. That can't be helping.

Last edited by Parody; May 1st, 2018 at 10:04 AM.
Parody is offline   #390 Reply With Quote