Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TheNewGM

Old September 13th, 2016, 11:13 AM
I am making a custom class in Hero Lab (for pathfinder, I don't know if that matters). This class has custom abilities that I'm making and some of them need a minimum number of levels to be available.

I know that things like the barbarian's Battle Roar has a minimum level, so I looked at that, and under Fields, it has "reqLevBbn". I tried to mimic this for my class using "reqLevblk" (the unique id for the class is cHelpblk and the abbreviation is blk) but it tells me that "reqLevblk is referenced but not defined."

Is there some way I can get the level requirement for this ability?
TheNewGM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old September 13th, 2016, 12:36 PM
use an expr-req of #customlevelcount[*Class Level ID with the c*] >= XXX
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TheNewGM

Old September 14th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
use an expr-req of #customlevelcount[*Class Level ID with the c*] >= XXX
I tried that, and now I'm getting an error when I try to compile it (with the "Test Now" button) that says:

"Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'cXXXDFCBS' on line 1 -> Error parsing left-side expression in relational comparison"
(cXXXDFCBS is the custom ability I am working in)

It will compile if I don't use the expr-req you mention, but won't when I type it in. I wrote:
#cutomlevelcount[cBldKnight] >= 15
TheNewGM is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old September 21st, 2016, 10:15 AM
i'm not familiar with that particular macro, but just wondering if you typo'd it here when you wrote it or did you copy paste it and your user file has the typo? (cutom instead of custom)
psych777 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old September 21st, 2016, 03:12 PM
What is your Class Level ID?
AndrewD2 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
TheNewGM

Old November 11th, 2016, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
What is your Class Level ID?
Class Unique Id: cHelpblk
Class Level Unique Id: cBldKnight
Custom Ability Unique Id: cXXXDFCBS

Sorry for the late response, school and work got busy.
TheNewGM is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 11th, 2016, 10:27 AM
Unless you changed the defaults that were set when you used the class creation wizard, then the tag to use in #customlevelcount[] is the Class Level Unique Id, without the initial "c".

And for custom abilities, our intent was that "XXX" in the Id is replaced with the 3-letter abbreviation of the class that's going to be using this ability, so "blk" in this case. (Because of that, we generally capitalize at least the first letter of the 3-letter abbreviation, because right now, abilities will start off as "cblk" - I'd recommend BlK, since I'm guessing this class' name is "Blood Knight").
Mathias is online now   #7 Reply With Quote
TheNewGM

Old November 11th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Unless you changed the defaults that were set when you used the class creation wizard, then the tag to use in #customlevelcount[] is the Class Level Unique Id, without the initial "c".

And for custom abilities, our intent was that "XXX" in the Id is replaced with the 3-letter abbreviation of the class that's going to be using this ability, so "blk" in this case. (Because of that, we generally capitalize at least the first letter of the 3-letter abbreviation, because right now, abilities will start off as "cblk" - I'd recommend BlK, since I'm guessing this class' name is "Blood Knight").
Okay, I've changed all my Custom Ability names appropriately. The relevant Ids are now:
Custom Ability: cBlkBS
Class Level: cBldKnight
Class: cHelpblk (the first few times I tried to make this class I got rid of "Help" and it would not work, so I left it in)

The exact code (copy and pasted) I have written in the Expr-reqs for the Custom Ability is:
#customlevelcount[BldKnight] >= 15

The error I get when I try to test it with the "Test Now!" button is:
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'cBlkBS' on line 1
-> Error parsing left-side expression in relational comparison

(link takes you to a screenshot of the error)
https://gyazo.com/ace335c24b8d3862167aa0b55de3c008

I also have two other Expr-reqs for this custom ability, but they both work when I do not include this level count, so I don't know if they interfere with this code or not.
TheNewGM is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 11th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Sorry, I hadn't thought to double-check AndrewD2's posts - he gave you a test that doesn't exist. Here's what to use:

Code:
#custspeciallevelcount[BldKnight] >= 15
Mathias is online now   #9 Reply With Quote
TheNewGM

Old November 11th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Thank you so much, that worked. For some reason, the ability now appears twice in the list of possible abilities when making a character, but it's not a big deal.
TheNewGM is offline   #10 Reply With Quote