Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 2nd, 2015, 10:46 AM
I guess I need to work on better documentation. Sorry all I am tired and it was 20hrs this weekend to get this stuff out the door.

Each "Pack" contains everything it needs now. So in example the "GM Mythic Pack" is a COMPLETE package as it contains the Basic Pack and the GM Pack. So if you want Mythic you install just the one Pack now.

If you need just 3PP stuff when you install the 3PP Pack you get the Basic Pack and the PFS stuff also. This allows me to create a "base" to work from (ie Basic Pack) and then it is included in everything else.

So the idea is most people can get away with a single pack. Maybe a few if they need Eberron, 3PP, and GM stuff.

Many others I think will just be using the Basic Pack as players or the 3PP Pack which gives Psionics and the Basic Pack.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Theryon

Old February 2nd, 2015, 11:25 AM
Sounds good. Thanks for all your hard work!

I'm sure you'll get it figured out. It might take a bit of Pack juggling before everything fits together.

Last edited by Theryon; February 2nd, 2015 at 11:39 AM.
Theryon is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Jaynay27

Old February 2nd, 2015, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theryon View Post
Sounds good. Thanks for all your hard work!

I'm sure you'll get it figured out. It might take a bit of Pack juggling before everything fits together.
Yes - thankyou so much. Your hard work is very much appreciated.
Jaynay27 is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old February 2nd, 2015, 03:32 PM
Question about the new pack structure. Currently I have just the Basic Pack loaded, but we have a new campaign coming up that is going to be using Eberron and Psionics, so I'm going to be loading up those soon.

Now, since the other packs contain everything in the Basic Pack, does that mean that when the Basic Pack updates, I only need to worry about downloading it if (at least one of) the other Packs didn't?

(At least I don't need the GM or Mythic Packs - yet.)

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Manalishi66

Old February 2nd, 2015, 05:12 PM
I got the following packs installed Campaign, 3PP and GM (in that order). I get the following load error:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'minHrsHrac' (Minion) - Bootstrap thing 'triS2ComRi' does not exist

I meet all the content requirements to use the packs....please help!

P.S., this is a clean install
Manalishi66 is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 2nd, 2015, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
Question about the new pack structure. Currently I have just the Basic Pack loaded, but we have a new campaign coming up that is going to be using Eberron and Psionics, so I'm going to be loading up those soon.
Loading these in Windows/Mac should be perfectly fine. Its only iPad that is having issues with multiple packs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
Now, since the other packs contain everything in the Basic Pack, does that mean that when the Basic Pack updates, I only need to worry about downloading it if (at least one of) the other Packs didn't?
Oh good question!

When the Basic Pack updates that means a new version will go out for EVERY other Pack. This is because everything is built upon the foundation of the Basic Pack. So the release notes for the 3PP Pack may just say "Basic Pack" updated. So you would need to look at the Basic Pack notes to see what really changed/added.

I am not sure yet but I may roll into a release schedule of every Third/Fourth day of the month. This would put me a few days out after LW releases there monthly update. That would give me time to fix any issues that come up from an official Pathfinder release. *NOTE: This is not set in stone. It depends on how well this works out time wise and how much faster using GitHub makes things.*

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; February 2nd, 2015 at 06:01 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 2nd, 2015, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manalishi66 View Post
I got the following packs installed Campaign, 3PP and GM (in that order). I get the following load error:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

Thing 'minHrsHrac' (Minion) - Bootstrap thing 'triS2ComRi' does not exist

I meet all the content requirements to use the packs....please help!

P.S., this is a clean install
Looking into this. But trS2ComRi does not exist in the Community Files it exists in a individual download of PFRPG_AnimalCompanionArmorRAW.user from d20pfsrd. I also can not find minHrsHrac in any file. Hmmm

So here is my guess that you had PFRPG_AnimalCompanionArmorRAW.user installed at one point which overrides the Combat Riding trick. You then made a new "minion" creature yourself with a Unique ID of "minHrsHrac" which bootstraps the Combat Riding trick.

So you have two choices:
1) Download "PFRPG_AnimalCompanionArmorRAW.user" from d20pfsrd and place it into your programData\herolab\data\pathfinder folder.
2) Open the editor to your custom minion with a Unique ID of "minHrsHrac" and click on the "Bootstrap" button in the top right corner. Change the bootstrap of "triS2ComRi" to be "triComRide". Save your changes and restart HL.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Manalishi66

Old February 2nd, 2015, 06:29 PM
Thanks you!

You helped me narrow it down. Adding that file fixed it. I thinks it was a character I had that was referring to the missing file or some other user file that I put in the path folder and forgot to remove as I wanted to check the install before adding my user files.. Stuff hasppens but thanks again Shadow!
Manalishi66 is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
Kliqueman

Old February 2nd, 2015, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The installer does not move all the files correctly on some peoples machines. Install it again.

I am really SORRY but the installer does not like moving this many files around. Please Run the Installer SEVERAL times to get it to correctly install these changes. Not everyone needs to but anyone with "Duplicate record encountered" should do this.
I keep getting duplicates of the gm mythic pack no matter how many times I keep installing.

Code:

File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP073 - The Worldwound Incursion.user (line 4) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP73BrkLg')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP074 - Sword of Valor.user (line 3) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP74SCBt')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP074 - Sword of Valor.user (line 11) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP74SCrJ')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP074 - Sword of Valor.user (line 20) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP74SDmc')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP074 - Sword of Valor.user (line 42) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP74SMyB')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP074 - Sword of Valor.user (line 65) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP74ExEn')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP074 - Sword of Valor.user (line 76) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP74ExPM')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP074 - Sword of Valor.user (line 88) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP47ExSB')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP074 - Sword of Valor.user (line 99) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP74ExSh')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP074 - Sword of Valor.user (line 111) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP47ExSD')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP075 - Demons Heresy.user (line 3) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP75Arues')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP075 - Demons Heresy.user (line 27) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP75ArPR')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP075 - Demons Heresy.user (line 100) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP75Xanth')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP075 - Demons Heresy.user (line 108) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP75XnCn')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP075 - Demons Heresy.user (line 113) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP75ArIv')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP075 - Demons Heresy.user (line 120) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP75ArRd')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP075 - Demons Heresy.user (line 141) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP75Jerri')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP075 - Demons Heresy.user (line 147) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP75JeCS')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP076 - The Midnight Isles.user (line 8) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP76BapD')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP076 - The Midnight Isles.user (line 45) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP76Minag')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP076 - The Midnight Isles.user (line 55) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP76Hepza')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 8) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77YlCj')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 16) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77VRej')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 30) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77ChaD')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 44) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77Evas')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 50) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77WBrW')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 66) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77WCrB')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 78) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAPWICha')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 85) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP77FthWm')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 103) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77WEnD')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 129) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP77Verbo')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 146) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77PUEP')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 160) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77PUPU')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 172) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAp77PURg')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 183) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77PUID')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 200) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP77PoolU')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 217) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77PURc')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 227) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77TrkC')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 233) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP77Inger')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 246) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77IgrA')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 275) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77SmkB')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 289) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP77Igram')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 299) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77IgrS')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 361) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77IgrD')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 372) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('rAP77Heral')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 568) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77GlvM')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 598) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77HInf')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 605) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77MzGz')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 616) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77RepF')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP077 - Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth.user (line 624) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raAP77SmIo')
Should I be reinstalling all the feb 1st updates, or just the mythic?

EDIT Deleting everything only reinstalling both the mythic and 3pp seemed to fix it.

Last edited by Kliqueman; February 2nd, 2015 at 09:51 PM. Reason: asked and answered
Kliqueman is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 2nd, 2015, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliqueman View Post
I keep getting duplicates of the gm mythic pack no matter how many times I keep installing.

Should I be reinstalling all the feb 1st updates, or just the mythic?

EDIT Deleting everything only reinstalling both the mythic and 3pp seemed to fix it.
Glad its working. I made a tweak to the GM Mythic Pack and it should now install correctly for anyone else. Sorry!

Also note going forward you just need to download new versions of the GM Mythic Pack only.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #50 Reply With Quote