Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

barrelv

Old January 20th, 2016, 12:05 PM
Trying to figure the best way to do this:

My main sheet is mostly a 'quick glance to play' sheet. As such, there are summaries of each weapon on that page. On the 2nd page, I want to show more details of the weapons - what meckanica, runeplates, capacitors, etc are involved in the custom weapons, what notes about things like special abilities of the weapons, etc.

Well it seems if I try to use the same component on both sheets, it won't work. Only the section on the first sheet will show. Suggestions?
barrelv is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 20th, 2016, 12:40 PM
Yes, if multiple tables have the same component="" defined, then once something has been printed in once of those tables, it will not be printed anywhere else - that's how Hero Lab implements the spillover sheets that display anything that didn't fit on the main pages - how it knows what's already been displayed elsewhere on the character sheet.

So, look at the components that go into the compsets of these items - are there any other components that would be appropriate for the things you're displaying in that table? The "Special" component is often good for more detailed explanations. You ca use the <list> expression to control what's actually displayed in the table, if you're using a component like Special, that is shared among most of the compsets you're using.

If not, I'd just add a new component to the compset, that doesn't have any scripts or fields and is just used for printing.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
barrelv

Old January 21st, 2016, 04:43 AM
Thanks again, that resolved the issue - and the list thing was a great hint for the next part...
barrelv is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
barrelv

Old January 25th, 2016, 08:44 AM
running into a dead-end with the list.

The weapons and armor I need to show more details for are the ones that have been customized via entity/gizmos. So isEntity <> 0 instantly tells me that the items I need to put in this section.

However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to code the LIST section to work like that. Or am I going to have to do something where the entity sticks a tag on the Parent and test for that?
barrelv is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 25th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Yeah, this is the sort of thing that's better handled with a tag to identify those items. A component script can do the isentity test and assign the tag if it passes.
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote