Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

zarlor

Old November 1st, 2015, 03:25 AM
Just go to the Personal tab and add the SPPs you need to run with there. You won't need my data file for that IF you are just running with 1st Edition powers. All that file does is try to kludge the SPC1 data file with the SPC2 Powers. There were a few powers that were implemented a bit strangely because I just have no idea how to code a better way but I also expect some of the things needed will be implemented in the official SPC2 data file anyway (indeed once the SPC2 file comes out my kludged overlay for SPC1 will go away.)

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
JDCoop

Old November 4th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Ah. Well, that makes me sad that I spent the money on the savage worlds licenses. The starting options don't seem to work right, the power tiers in 2nd edition are not available, and frankly its more time effective for me to make the characters by hand than learn enough to hack Hero Lab to do what it needs to. Oh well
JDCoop is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 4th, 2015, 05:04 PM
Umm... you do realize that there isn't (just yet) any official SPC2 data file, right? My file is something I made (for free) to act as an interim until we get an official release (which has to be after the major updates with the Sci-Fi Companion). But if you think clicking on a tab, clicking a button, selecting the option to add Super Power Points and then typing in a number is an onerous task for "hacking" Hero Lab and somehow less efficient than making character by hand... dude, really? 2 mouse clicks and a couple of keystrokes? Well, ok then.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
JDCoop

Old November 5th, 2015, 06:23 PM
Hm. Ok, so I guess I am newer to Hero Lab than I realized. I used it for HERO System and Shadowrun before...and was able to modify campaign settings for those, but in the savage worlds setting, I am not finding the setting that you mention. I just went and looked again after reading your post. Where is the option to add power points? I've looked through the character settings, and am not finding it.

Also, if I add say the Fantasy Companion so that I can have a character who is a musician and has the Perform Skill, then the Super Powers settings don't work right.

I realize you did your own file, and thank you for that. I'm just disappointed that I just spent quite a bit of money purchasing game system packs for a system that I'm testing out this weekend, and I'm not finding a way to make them work for in time.

I should have tried them out before purchasing them, so caveat emptor...

Thanks for your hard work, and your efforts to help, but I'm not finding the settings you mention.
JDCoop is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old November 5th, 2015, 08:06 PM
I understand your frustrations. There are some things in the user interface that could be done in a more modern, user friendly manner.

You can modify the number of power points by creating a setting in the Editor, make an entry in the tab that says "Setting Adjustments", giving that setting a source, and modifying the field that says "Starting Super Power Points" for super powers or if you are using the other arcane backgrounds, "Maximum Arcane Power pts". Then you check on the source after that setting adjustment is saved and then loaded into Hero Lab and you can click on the source in the Configure Hero menu.

If there are other mods that you want to be able to make, just look around the forums for a way to already do it or start a thread to ask about it. Chances are someone knows a way to accomplish it.

Hero Lab is fairly moddable, but some things are not possible. For example, for some reason the age of a character is limited to 99. But that value is very specific in having that limit and it cannot be changed with a script. Too bad, and strange. My most reasonable guess is that the space that was allotted for displaying the age was limited to two digits. But since it does not show on the print out of the character anyway I am not convinced that was the reason.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 6th, 2015, 08:52 AM
The easiest way isn't to modify data files and it isn't on the character configuration screen. On the character go to the "Personal" Tab. At the bottom left click on "Add Permanent Adjustments" then from the pop-up box select from the bottom "Super Power Points" and click the "Add & Close" button.Then just increment the amount to match what you need for your campaign level (not including whatever SPPs the character already has depending on what you selected from the options on the character configuration screen... effectively the "Inherent Power" option is the default for SPC2 so if you check that the character should already start with 10 SPPs and you'd just add whatever you need for the appropriate power level as a Permanent Adjustment.) That's all you need to do.

That's the usual spot to go for when you have anything to modify a standard character build, BTW, so I've had games where a GM might give out, for example, a free Edge or the like and that's a spot where you can add those.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old November 6th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Hah, I did not think about that. Yes, that would work. I am just used to making things work automatically for people.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 6th, 2015, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
Hah, I did not think about that. Yes, that would work. I am just used to making things work automatically for people.
It happens when you work with the data files that much, and can even be easier (and provide more flexibility for you players) going that way. Come to think of it I suppose I could try to kludge something for that into that SPC2 file, then I suppose I could use that to actually implement things like the "The Best There Is" Edge. Then again it's just as easy to just modify the SPPs on the fly on the sheet and I expect the actual SPC2 file to be a ton better than my kludge and hopefully it's not too far away anyway so I probably won't do that, but I think it could be implemented if anyone really, really wanted to.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old November 11th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
On the character go to the "Personal" Tab. At the bottom left click on "Add Permanent Adjustments"...
Excellent!

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
texaspoet

Old December 22nd, 2015, 06:46 PM
Force Control doesn't have Heavy Weapon available as a Modifier.

I know it's just your own user file, but I thought I'd let you know I found that.

texaspoet is offline   #30 Reply With Quote