Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

nylanfs

Old March 19th, 2015, 08:38 AM
Interesting update on the 5e front.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/content...-From-The-Dead!

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylanfs (or Nylan)

Hero Lab Shadowrun 4E & 5e user
nylanfs is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old March 19th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylanfs View Post
Interesting update on the 5e front.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/content...-From-The-Dead!
So basically, WotC's stance, is that "You can make an app that makes our products better - but only if it's limited to the stuff we give away for free." Yeah, I'm sure that'll help sales.
Fuzzy is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old March 21st, 2015, 09:09 AM
I just got back from the GAMA trade show in Vegas where I had sat in on the WOTC D&D seminar. When they commented on the fact that their previous electronic collaborations had been discontinued, I brought up the point that products like Realm Works and Herolab did nothing but help sales and make games more fun to run for DMs and players. They seemed interested and one of the guys was making notes (after the other VP asked me to repeat the names).

We'll see if it helps or anything comes of it. They may know me and like the store but with large companies, you never know what will happen. If I had been clever, I should have pushed Eric Pierce from Paizo about it too while we were swapping stories about the old days when he was at TSR.
Gord is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old March 25th, 2015, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
I just got back from the GAMA trade show in Vegas where I had sat in on the WOTC D&D seminar. When they commented on the fact that their previous electronic collaborations had been discontinued, I brought up the point that products like Realm Works and Herolab did nothing but help sales and make games more fun to run for DMs and players. They seemed interested and one of the guys was making notes (after the other VP asked me to repeat the names).

We'll see if it helps or anything comes of it. They may know me and like the store but with large companies, you never know what will happen. If I had been clever, I should have pushed Eric Pierce from Paizo about it too while we were swapping stories about the old days when he was at TSR.
Is there anything official about this yet? Whom would I need to contact for what I would need to do to be able to release my datafiles?

Saying this it would probably be a HUGE amount of work stripping down my
datafiles to basic (as if I remove things which are referenced otherwhere,
Hero Lab answers with errors, to remove all references would be a lot of work, and keeping in sync with my "private" full version would be even more work).

Best regards,
Steffen
MagicSN is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old March 26th, 2015, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
Is there anything official about this yet? Whom would I need to contact for what I would need to do to be able to release my datafiles?

Saying this it would probably be a HUGE amount of work stripping down my
datafiles to basic (as if I remove things which are referenced otherwhere,
Hero Lab answers with errors, to remove all references would be a lot of work, and keeping in sync with my "private" full version would be even more work).

Best regards,
Steffen
If limited to basic rules only, I really don't see the point anyway. The amount of options available in the basic rules make hero lab kind of pointless anyway.
Fuzzy is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
karykzen

Old April 12th, 2015, 03:19 PM
I know Wizard of the Coast and Smite Works for Fantasy Grounds have worked out a deal. While the price for the official modules on FG is high, it's a start.

That being said, I would still like to see D&D 5E for Hero Lab. It's just a great product to help DM and players make and keep track of their players regardless if you're old school sitting around a table gaming or using VTT do do it.
karykzen is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old April 22nd, 2015, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
If limited to basic rules only, I really don't see the point anyway. The amount of options available in the basic rules make hero lab kind of pointless anyway.
Yeah, exactly my kind of worries And that combined with how much work it would be to strip it down... sure, someone else could "under cover" add stuff back in, but that would be really a LOT of work, a lot of features needs "extra implementation" which I would have to strip out to make it "legal". And I would have to strip out all sorts of implementations, else Hero Lab complains about missing symbols...

Funny thing is all sorts of (not limited to Basic) editable PDF-sheets exist, with auto-calculation and that sort of thing... probably due to "under cover"?

MagicSN
MagicSN is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
MUrry

Old April 22nd, 2015, 07:23 PM
I just had a look at the Fantasy Grounds 5E products on Steam. I was impressed with the way character building worked, and how you could actually reference everything electronically. It is a bit pricey but I will probably pay. I was very disappointed they didn't work something out with HeroLab as well. I'm going to wait a bit to see if something works out with HeroLab, but it looks like my best chance at getting what I want at the moment.
MUrry is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old April 22nd, 2015, 08:22 PM
Murry, did you go with Fantasy Grounds for Virtual Games? Does it have much utility for at-the-table games?
MNBlockHead is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old April 22nd, 2015, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUrry View Post
I just had a look at the Fantasy Grounds 5E products on Steam. I was impressed with the way character building worked, and how you could actually reference everything electronically. It is a bit pricey but I will probably pay. I was very disappointed they didn't work something out with HeroLab as well. I'm going to wait a bit to see if something works out with HeroLab, but it looks like my best chance at getting what I want at the moment.
Does Fantasy Grounds have any charsheet printout
at all? How do charsheets look? Anyways, myselves
I will stay with my selfmade hl support,
But still interesting what others offer (not
Interested in Virtual Table besides a simple
Combat Simulator - which I would actually
Prefer as tablet app, something able to load
Hl files would be cool)

MagicSN
MagicSN is offline   #40 Reply With Quote