Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Winterfyre

Old September 29th, 2017, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaDragon View Post
Let's see: $35 = tremendous value, $145 = not worth it. Almost x4 the price over 5 years for no real additional value.
Given that this was based on a $2 a month extortion fee, which was a "suggested / maybe / kinda / we don't really know yet" amount I believe and not an actual, hard, we know what were doing number I think your comparison is far too optimistic myself.

But it rally does bring to heart the core complaint I have and I believe others have.

The new system is over time going to be absurdly expensive between buying data packs and the extortion fee, plus a conversion fee and the first time you miss a payment every single penny of that expense is wasted unless you agree to start paying the extortion fee again.

That's all based on $2 a month. The $2 a month is going to be the introductory rate and as soon as enough people are invested far enough it will go up. The extortion fee always goes up. Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in neverland.
Winterfyre is offline   #151 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 30th, 2017, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimthegray View Post
only a day and 1/2 left of the month
any update on the beta?
Keep an eye out for the newsletter. As I understand it, any announcements regarding the beta signups will be there.
Aaron is offline   #152 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 30th, 2017, 05:36 AM
$2 a month, viewed as an annual amount, and over the years, does seem like a large amount. Taken individually, though... my wife regularly spends $4+ on a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Once a week, I spend $10 to buy donuts for work (something which I only sort of joke is a business investment). If me spending my $2 a month, along with everyone else, means that they can afford to get more people working for them to add more systems, and fix the bugs of the prior ones, I'm all for it. I've met Rob and his crew. They're not going to be taking that money and driving gold-plated Ferrarris with it. Maybe they'll get all of those little bugs with Mutants and Masterminds fixed if they have people running that system actually putting money back into it.

But I'm guessing that this all pretty much counts for us getting further afield in the absence of official information.
Duggan is offline   #153 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old September 30th, 2017, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
$2 a month, viewed as an annual amount, and over the years, does seem like a large amount. Taken individually, though... my wife regularly spends $4+ on a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Once a week, I spend $10 to buy donuts for work (something which I only sort of joke is a business investment). If me spending my $2 a month, along with everyone else, means that they can afford to get more people working for them to add more systems, and fix the bugs of the prior ones, I'm all for it. I've met Rob and his crew. They're not going to be taking that money and driving gold-plated Ferrarris with it. Maybe they'll get all of those little bugs with Mutants and Masterminds fixed if they have people running that system actually putting money back into it.
Actually i think Winterfyre is right, it's an extortion fee. Rob is going to keep raising the price every month, and then close everything down after he gets his millions. He is pure evil. This is just part of his larger diabolical plan.

Or

Rob loves gaming and is trying to make something cool and innovative with a lot of nice features for online collaboration, and has to keep the servers running so has to charge a fee to keep them going.

I go with option 2, I am not a paranoid person that thinks everyone is out to get me.
Toblakai is offline   #154 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old September 30th, 2017, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
$2 a month, viewed as an annual amount, and over the years, does seem like a large amount. Taken individually, though... my wife regularly spends $4+ on a cup of coffee at Starbucks.
I live in Seattle, it's required that you buy one cup of coffee a day from Starbucks (they kick you out if you don't), so I spend $5 a day there.. $25/year is not much at all, and if you can't afford that you probably shouldn't be spending your money on HLC anyways.
Toblakai is offline   #155 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 30th, 2017, 07:53 PM
Looks like Starfinder Beta is coming next week. Guess it was not hidden on Facebook this time. It was a tweet.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #156 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old October 1st, 2017, 08:02 AM
Why would they bother using their own actual official forum for an announcement like that?

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #157 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 1st, 2017, 09:34 AM
Well I can get to twitter without needing to be signed up. So it is an improvement in my mind.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #158 Reply With Quote
kellhorn

Old October 1st, 2017, 08:23 PM
It was kind of posted in the hlo faq thread. Not as explicitly though.
kellhorn is offline   #159 Reply With Quote
jimthegray

Old October 2nd, 2017, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Looks like Starfinder Beta is coming next week. Guess it was not hidden on Facebook this time. It was a tweet.
awesome cant wait to try it
jimthegray is offline   #160 Reply With Quote