Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Jamz

Old March 22nd, 2016, 05:36 PM
I would love cloud support like this, but considering RealmWorks doesn't even sync live, I wouldn't hold my breath.

And at this point, I wouldn't even care about Android support anymore, everyday PC tablets get cheaper so I'd rather see better PC support but we can't even get that, it's all about the iPad these days.

As a caveat to the above, IF the GM were given permission to edit my character sheet, i would want some sort of history or auto backups. The GM may have good intentions but they are not all technically savvy. I can see me saying... "Wtf happened to my Longsword with all the adjusts I made to it?, the GM said, you forgot it in the dungeon and didn't remember to pick it up so I deleted it..." Which I reply "crap I did...however you deleted my custom mockup I use which has my favorite paladin divine weapons on it and now I have to redo all that work...thanks"

So ya, cool concept but I have friends I would never trust editing my portfolio...

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #171 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old March 24th, 2016, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
The age of players not using electronic devices at the table is over.
No ... no it isn't. I know many players who don't want electronic devices at the table. You and your group have your preferences, and other people have theirs.
EightBitz is offline   #172 Reply With Quote
magall

Old April 28th, 2016, 06:59 AM
I just purchased HL last month and use it on a Win laptop and iPad...but i want to add my voice and ask for Android support..

I am fully prepared to purchase the additional licenses needed to run it on a third device and fourth device...just saying : )

Love the program...use it for Savage Worlds & Pathfinder...

I have just installed the HL Reader, but have not tried it..thanks to both for your efforts in making the readers....

Mark
New Jersey
magall is offline   #173 Reply With Quote
nezorf

Old May 19th, 2016, 02:29 PM
+1 Also for Android app. Thinking of people around me that use devices 1 of us of the 6 that play routinely have an iOS device. I am sure this goes with a larger number of the players out there also seeing the same thing. I know all of those people would pay for a license for android device.
nezorf is offline   #174 Reply With Quote
Prangel

Old June 20th, 2016, 11:21 PM
Me and may playing buddy will also like to have an Android version of HeroLab, already 2 of us has the PC version but we never use it live because of the dimensions of laptops...
None of us has an iOS device...
Prangel is offline   #175 Reply With Quote
kwiqsilver

Old June 30th, 2016, 04:46 PM
Android has been the OS on the majority of devices (not just phones and tables, but notebook and desktops as well) shipped for over a year now.
Android devices are now selling faster than iOS devices in the US (Apple's last big market).
And now ChromeOS is gaining the ability to run Android apps.
It is well past time for an Android version of Hero Lab.
If the core of the product is in C++, then an Android port really just means writing a thin NDK wrapper, and a bunch of activities for the UI.
Why not do this as an open source project? Sales are tied to the content, not the tool, so there's no revenue loss, and there are enough interested developers out there, that we could see a beta in a matter of months.
kwiqsilver is offline   #176 Reply With Quote
DwarvenWiz

Old July 6th, 2016, 06:22 PM
Please make this a priority. I think that a significant base of your existing users would buy at least one new license for this even at a price premium. It may not be simple, but at least it isn't developing an entirely new product. There's money to be made here. Send out a newsletter poll or something to confirm the profitability, but don't leave us hanging.
DwarvenWiz is offline   #177 Reply With Quote
Panthr0s

Old July 25th, 2016, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarvenWiz View Post
Please make this a priority. I think that a significant base of your existing users would buy at least one new license for this even at a price premium. It may not be simple, but at least it isn't developing an entirely new product. There's money to be made here. Send out a newsletter poll or something to confirm the profitability, but don't leave us hanging.
Would people who own an Android actually purchase an additional license though? I am sure many of you who own an Android would love Hero Lab as it is pretty amazing on iOS. I think the reality is why would developers spend the money on Android when they can make more money off of users who own iOS devices. I hope they are working to bring Shadowrun and many other games to the iOS platform now that Pathfinder has been out for awhile.

http://www.androidauthority.com/new-...-users-700983/
Panthr0s is offline   #178 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 25th, 2016, 06:45 PM
I really hate this groupthink that Android users don't want to pay for stuff. It's not the case at all. And there are many more Android users than iOS users. Even if iOS users spend more on IAP that wouldn't affect Hero Lab at all since it doesn't use that system to begin with. I know many users that would buy additional licenses for Android devices. I'd buy one for every device I own that could run it (which is a significant number of devices). I would love to see it on Android, but I do see it sadly as a ways off.
AndrewD2 is offline   #179 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old July 26th, 2016, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthr0s View Post
Would people who own an Android actually purchase an additional license though? I am sure many of you who own an Android would love Hero Lab as it is pretty amazing on iOS. I think the reality is why would developers spend the money on Android when they can make more money off of users who own iOS devices. I hope they are working to bring Shadowrun and many other games to the iOS platform now that Pathfinder has been out for awhile.

http://www.androidauthority.com/new-...-users-700983/
That article is about in-app purchases. App purchasing is a different thing. Also not everyone wants to join the Apple Cult.
Toblakai is offline   #180 Reply With Quote