Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Alassirana

Old December 16th, 2013, 05:27 AM
One thing that I would love to be able to use with my players is the mechanics reference, because I end up with a number of house rules that players have a very bad habit of forgetting (the biggest one is using pathfinder style cantrips/orisons in 3.5). At the current time, there are no categories that you can use in the mechanics reference to add topics, and there does not appear to be any way to add categories. Please add those quickly.

Alassirana
Alassirana is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old December 17th, 2013, 08:18 AM
While it is true that nothing has been delivered in this area, it is certainly possible to add your own mechanics pieces in.

To do this, you select the Manage option from the Menu then Categories and then click the plus button next to the Article Categories at the bottom of the list.

This will bring up a Manage Categories and Snippet types and then you begin working with the names, the default Icon, the identifier and then select the family of articles where you want it to appear. Then just add the snippet types you want to be able to fill in and label them.

It takes some experimentation to be sure, but it can be done. I've played with setting up spells and feats at this point.

That said, I have no idea what LW is delivering in this space.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ladyofdragons

Old December 17th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Yes, the feature to add mechanics reference items is there, there's just a bit of work to be done on the UI to rename all the "articles" references to "mechanics" or "reference". Not exactly a bug, but needs to be done.

Personally I like the new name of "reference" better than "articles", I think it's much closer to the purpose of those items.

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #3 Reply With Quote