Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 17th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Branched from Nigel's post in the update thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
Would it be possible to make the contents of the Library Tab something one can select to print out like is currently done with the Player Aid Sheet, Journal, etc.? It's a bit of a short-coming if HL does all the math for you and has it all neat & organized but you can't print that "list" off to have with you at the game table with the rest of your character sheet(s).
How do people feel about this? I'm definitely open to it, but I wanted to give people a chance to mess about with the library before it was added to character sheet output.

Do you always want your library powers to print out? Or never? Or something in between? Please let me know so we can figure out the best way to display these in output.
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 17th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Honestly, it seems like something that you'd generally do as a separate print out and relatively sparingly. I think the best would be making it a separate print-out. Another possibility is adding yet another user option to make it print out as a page after the character sheet.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old March 17th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Branched from Nigel's post in the update thread:

How do people feel about this? I'm definitely open to it, but I wanted to give people a chance to mess about with the library before it was added to character sheet output.

Do you always want your library powers to print out? Or never? Or something in between? Please let me know so we can figure out the best way to display these in output.
Well since my posting can lead one to believe that I'm in favor of both a separate printout and always printing out let me clarify my preference: I think it should be a separate, selectable sheet the person can print in the same manner as they currently do with the Journal Contents & Player Aid Sheet.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; March 17th, 2011 at 09:40 PM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old March 18th, 2011, 12:46 AM
I agree with both the guy a separate Printout from the main sheet should be the best thing.
Woodclaw is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer

Old March 18th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Why not make this another option on the Configure Hero screen? That way, you could add it for those characters that use rituals/devices often and omit it for most people. The Play Aids sheet could be an option as well.
FifthWanderer is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old March 18th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthWanderer View Post
Why not make this another option on the Configure Hero screen? That way, you could add it for those characters that use rituals/devices often and omit it for most people. The Play Aids sheet could be an option as well.
I suppose you could have it on the Configure Hero screen but why? Having it as one of the dossier choices on the print setup menu get's the job done AND it has the benefit of being where someone would expect to find such a selection.

I suppose there wouldn't be any harm in having two selections available:
'Character Sheet with Library Tab' and an option for just the Library Tab.

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old March 18th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
Honestly, it seems like something that you'd generally do as a separate print out and relatively sparingly. I think the best would be making it a separate print-out. Another possibility is adding yet another user option to make it print out as a page after the character sheet.

I like these ideas!
Shadowchaser is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 21st, 2011, 12:39 PM
It sounds like a separate sheet is the way to go. Thanks for the feedback on this, guys!
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old March 21st, 2011, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
It sounds like a separate sheet is the way to go. Thanks for the feedback on this, guys!
You're welcome.

Glad I could help.

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #9 Reply With Quote