Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 10th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Is the cmaximum field set to type="user"? If not, it will get reset as soon as another calculation pass starts.
Mathias is online now   #11 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 10th, 2013, 08:22 AM
I think it's set to derived. I thought "user" fields couldn't be affected via scripts.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 10th, 2013, 08:58 AM
They can only be affected by trusted scripts - those with the trustme instruction, or trigger scripts (and a few other script types that are already marked as trusted)
Mathias is online now   #13 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old October 10th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Ok, I switched over the field cmaximum on the categories to user instead of derived, and added a trustme line to the code for the script that sets the initial values, but now the trigger script doesn't seem to do anything.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 11th, 2013, 07:48 AM
You'll need to keep studying all the code you've written that affects these, and figure out what things you have that would affect these numbers.

I'm sorry, but I currently have too little information about what's happening to help you diagnose this issue. I only have the code of a single script right now.
Mathias is online now   #15 Reply With Quote
TaylorBland

Old May 8th, 2017, 05:18 PM
Hey, i noticed that this is kind of old and i was wondering if it went anywhere?

my group likes Exalted and a datafile for it would be great. any info is welcome. have a great day
TaylorBland is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old May 28th, 2017, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorBland View Post
Hey, i noticed that this is kind of old and i was wondering if it went anywhere?

my group likes Exalted and a datafile for it would be great. any info is welcome. have a great day
Yes its kinda old, and I've slowly cranked on it over time. It hasn't gotten anywhere useful yet, however. Theres still a lot of code overhauling to do. Right now it barely works for Solars and I have yet to hammer out heroic mortals yet. I have a lot of things I need to get done before its ready for data entry.

RavenX is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 13th, 2017, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorBland View Post

I have spent about a week and a half on it and hammered out most of what I needed for it. I still have to hammer out the Health level and Willpower tracking pools and a few minor adjustments but as of now the Core Rulebook is well over 90% done on the datafiles I can say with a 99% interval of confidence. It's come far this past few days and is looking quite nice now thanks to my understanding of the things Mathias has taught me.

RavenX is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 26th, 2017, 06:39 PM
I just have to finish the advances and its pretty much usable. If anyone has any interest in this set of files, contact me on here.

Edit: Just realized an easier way of handling advance cost mechanics and fixed a major timing issue. Now that the advCost field is calculating correctly this should be done faster than I anticipated. Once the advances are done I just need to finish final cleanup.

Last edited by RavenX; June 27th, 2017 at 02:39 AM.
RavenX is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 7th, 2017, 05:56 AM
Advances are now done. I have fixed a number of bugs in the files as well. Everything seems to be working as it was intended to. The Exalted 2nd edition Hero Lab files are created and functional. I still have to implement a few things for other manuals of Exalted power, but Solars are finished, Dragon-Blooded I still have to finish the charms on, Heroic and regular mortals are done, and Dragon-Kings are done. I have managed to get a lot of material done in a short time. This is the first data file I've finished. Now I just have to expand what I've done.

RavenX is offline   #20 Reply With Quote